Chapter 42

"Peter." I hear someone speak up behind me, I knew they were already there of course but figured the would walk away when I didn't acknowledge them. I don't look back as I go through my closet. What would May tell me or wear in a date? Probably something nice depending on where we were going. I sigh cause I don't even know where we are going, Dean never told me.

"Yeah?" I respond, when they don't say anything, without turning around. I pick up a good pair of jeans and a nice shirt Dad had picked out from the store a while ago. I honestly don't know how I feel about Tony and Steve right now. I look through my shoes before shrugging and picking up my normal sneakers.

"Kid, I'm sorry." Dad says and I look back at him.

"What?"

"I'm sorry. I know you know I don't apologize for this kind of stuff, but yeah. I guess I was wrong to yell at you like that." He says sitting down on the edge of my bed. I look at him trying to see if he really is sorry or if he's just saying it because Pops wanted him too.

"Yeah. It's okay." I mumble when I see that he means it.

"I love you Peter." He smiles softly and I can't help but smile as he gets up to hug me.

"I love you too." I smile and move back to my closest, making sure I will look decent.

"What's up with the," He motions to the clothes in my hands and I smile innocently.

"Oh." I shrug and he nods encouragingly, clearly wanting to know what I'm up too. "I have a date." I smile and look down at the ground but not before I see a smile cover his face.

"Oh?" He says and I can't help but blush so I go into my bathroom and get changed.

"Yeah." I say through the door and I listen to Dad as he walks around my room looking at my stuff I have gathered around my room.

"Who?" He asks, the excitement and happiness in his voice making me feel even more happy then before I told him.

"You don't know them." I say, I'm not ready to tell him it's Dean yet. It's just a date, as far as he knows.

"I could." He grins when I come out the bathroom. He messes with my hair giving me a proud smile and I groan.

"Dad."

"Fine. If you don't want to tell your dear old Dad you don't have too." He says and then looks down at me. I raise an eyebrow and he makes a face. "I just have to meet the girl at some point!" He says dramatically making me laugh.

"Sure." I laugh and try to fix my hair but give up on it after a minute or so because it's clearly not going to get any better.

"Also, invite her to the gala we are having on Friday." He says as I'm putting my shoes on and I look up confused.

"Wait. Go back." I stand up and cross my arms. "What Gala? And it is Friday so next Friday right?" I say because it is Friday and I didn't know I had plans for next Friday.

"It's just a huge gala, famous people are going to be there. Celebs, actors, models, leaders, the president, directors of companies, y'know all the important people." He shrugs and I give him a not surprised face. Of course Dad would be the guy to think a gala with a bunch of really important people is normal.

"Do I have a suit?" I ask and he smiles.

"Yes."

"Do I have the option to go?" I raise an eyebrow and he smiles giving me another hug.

"Not really. Everyone is already expecting you." Dad laughs lightly and I shake my head.

"I guess I'm going then." I laugh and then remember now he is expecting me to bring a date to the gala. Dean doesn't even know I have a real family. Talking about Dean, my phone buzzes and I look at it smiling.

Dean: Hey, I'm here?

Me: I'll be right out

Dean: Cool

"My date is here." I state and put my phone into my jean pockets and Dad grins.

"Be home before midnight!" He laughs and I roll my eyes jokingly as I move towards the door.

"Cinderella." Clint laughs dripping down from the vents and I jump back. It isn't the first time he's hid in the vents, he spies on all of us from up there and we've pulled some pretty good pranks together using the vents but it still shocks me when he just randomly drops down from them.

I laugh and open the door to see the rest of the team right outside of it, listening to what me and Dad were talking about. They jump back when they see me and I can't help but laugh and after a few seconds everyone is laughing.

"Bye guys." I grin and walk towards the elevator. I hear someone follow me and I look back to see Aunt Nat.

"Be safe, Pete." She smiles and pulls me into a hug.

"I will." I say and walk into the elevator to go downstairs.

I have to walk like a mile to get to the edge of the compound where I see Dean's car waiting. I smile and wave a little before climbing into the car.

"Hey." He smiles and I look around. I can't see the compound from here so he can't see it either.

"Hey." I blush and look down at the floor.

"Didn't know your house was like acres of land." He grins and I look back up to him.

"Yeah, not something I brag about." I laugh and he reaches into the back seat. I give him a confused look but my eyes widen when I see him trying to give me a bouquet of flowers.

"Well, I got you flowers?" He smiles proudly and blushes. "Is that too cliche?" He asks and I can't help but laugh and smile.

"Not at all." I say taking them from him and he turns the car. He starts to drive away from the base and I relax, sitting back in the chair looking at the colorful flowers.

"Cool, hope you don't mind but we are going to this restaurant. It's in Manhattan and I think you'd like it." He smiles and I can't help but see him blushing.

"Sounds great." I smile and he reaches for my hand. I let him take it and we drive through the city talking about random things, laughing and smiling the whole time.

The restaurant is amazing, I have never seen it before and I can't help but try and take in everything. It's on a roof of some expensive hotel and it's just beautiful to look over the sun setting over city.

"So, my family is having this party Friday." I smile after the waiter takes us to our table and he sits across from me.

"Sounds fun." He smiles and I try to figure out how to ask him to come.

"I was wondering if you wanted to come," I start and was about to tell him if he doesn't want to come that he doesn't have to but he cuts me off before I have the chance.

"Of course." He smiles and I blush looking back down at my menu.