[29] The final trial

"So this... is the final trial ground." Shuichi muttered.

Monokuma chuckled. "Puhuhu, it's not up to you or me to decide whether or not this is the end."

"What do you mean?"

"More importantly, since you guys requested that we hold this class trial... I'm sure you won't mind allowing me to participate, too, right? It'll be easier to argue if I do."

"True, I was going to have you participate this time, but I didn't think you'd volunteer."

"...You seem confident." Maki growled.

"Puhuhu..."

"Y-You're confident now, but I'm gonna turn your body into an omnibus with my magic!" Himiko shouted.

"A-An omnibus...?" Tsumugi stuttered. "Do you mean the vehicle or, like, a complication book, or...?"

"Knock it off!" Monokuma barked. "I won't be provoked by your cheap threats!"

"...He seems really provoked." Monophanie commented.

"If pops is gonna participate, things are gonna get pretty damn interestin'."

"We'll cheer you on until our voices are hoarse and bleeding! Right, Monodam!?"

"...THIS-IS-BEAUTIFUL."

"...Hm? Cheer me on?" Monokuma tilted his head at the Monokubs. "You guys are totally participating, too."

"Whaaaaaaat!?" The Monokubs all screamed in unison.

"You kids have a pivotal role to play. What kinda dad would I be if I hogged the spotlight? And if you kids don't play a pivotal role, then what use are any of you?

"P-Pivotal role? Can we really do it?" Monotaro asked.

"I dunno..." Monophanie stammered.

"Don't worry! As a good parent, I will do my darndest to motivate you... with this button." Monokuma pulled out a grey button with a red skull button in the centre.

"Whats... that button for?" Tsumugi asked nervously.

"It's a Monokub detonator that I prepared to ensure my adorable kids do their very best."

"D-Detonator!?" Monokid exclaimed.

"Yep! With a push of this button, I'll detonate the bombs inside each of your bodies. So make sure you try really hard or I'll start pressing this button. Got it?"

"That's too far!"

"You know what they say... If your kids are cute, put a bomb inside them!"

"Th-That's not a real saying!" Monosuke shouted.

"I know you cute kids can do this. You just need the proper motivation... So no need to worry! Just make sure you all play pivotal roles! That's all!"

The Monokubs all screamed. "AHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

"...How absurd." Kiibo mumbled.

"Can you please detonate them all now?" Ichika asked. "Their voices are so annoying I want to cut my ears off." She grinned ominously.

"S-She's making the scary face again!" Monophanie cried out.

"S-Stop fuckin' looking at us like that, d-dumbass!" Monokid yelled.

Shuichi glared at Monokuma. "...You really are the worst."

"I'm the best at being the worst, don'tcha think so!?" Monokuma chirped. "Puhuhu... I tell ya, people can't get enough of my crude antics! Alright, let's get started! Let's get this crude climax on the way!"