Chapter 5

Alice finishes and walks into the living room.
    "I'm going out Alice. I'll be back later tonight," Justin gruffly states standing.
    "Justin, please don't leave tonight. Just for a night, let Emilia have her father home," Alice pleads.
    "You don't tell me what to do Alice. I'm going out and will be back later," Justin states, raising his voice.
    "Ok, fine. Just be quiet when you get back. You don't want to wake Emilia," Alice says.
    "Alice. I am sick and tired of you telling me what to do. I will be as loud as I want," Justin yells and slams the door on his way out. Alice feels the house rattle as the door slams and slowly crumbles to the floor, tears in her eyes. 'Where did our love go?' Alice mumbles helplessly. A few hours pass and Justin still isn't home from wherever he went. Alice walks upstairs to check on Emilia before she goes to bed.
    "Emilia?" Alice says while knocking.
    "Yes Mommy?" Emilia says, noticing her Mommy's tear stained face.
    "I'm going to bed early if you need anything. Happy Birthday," Alice tries to say without trembling.
    "Ok, goodnight Mommy," Emilia responds. Alice nods and closes the door.
"Why is Mommy crying a lot now, Norky?" Emilia whispers out loud.
Nork learned alot from his mentor, but even his mentor was not able to help him this time. He arrives early tonight and hears Emilia's question. 'How does she know my name?' Nork wonders. Children aren't supposed to know their monster's name. He knocks on the ground to let Emilia know he's there.    
Emilia jumps up on the bed and looks to the door, but no one comes in. She then remembers about the monster and peeks under the bed to be met with golden yellow eyes.
"Hello there. My name is Emilia. Thank you for helping me last night. What's your name?" Emilia curiously asks. Nork just looks back at her unsure if he should answer.
    "I won't hurt you. You can talk to me, and I won't call my Mommy. She's been crying a lot recently and I don't know how to help her," Emilia quietly says.
    "Hello," Nork gruffly says.
    "Yay!" Emilia squeals. Nork flinches from the sudden noise
    "Oh, sorry," Emila says quietly.
    "My name is Nork. You can't let anyone know that I'm here. It would go against monster law ok?" Nork warns.
    "Don't worry, you can trust me!" Emilia says proudly, "Hey, I have a Nork as well!" Nork looks at the stuffed animal Emilia pushes into his hands. The stuffed animal looked exactly like him.
    "This looks like me," Nork says confused.
    "Hey... it kinda does," Emilia says, noticing. She takes her Nork back and puts him on the bed.
    "May I ask you a question?" Nork questions.
    "Yes?" Emilia questions.
    "Why were your parents fighting?"
    "Oh... I don't know. Daddy had that funny smell on him again. They used to love each other, but now... I don't know," Emilia squeaks out. She turns away feeling tears come up.
    "Hey, hey, don't cry. It's ok. I'm here for you. May I come out?" Nork quickly says. Emilia nods, tears starting to fall. Nork takes a risk and climbs out from under the bed. He lumbers over to Emilia and engulfs her into a big furry hug. Emilia, surprised, starts crying hard, for no one has ever helped her with her tears. Nork keeps hugging her and stroking her hair until she calms down.
    "Now Emilia, during the day I'm not supposed to be here, but you have your Nork to help you until night time." Nork told her. Emilia nods and drifts off to sleep in his arms. Nork looks down and smiles at his child. He places her in bed and covers her up. When she looks comfortable he climbs under the bed and watches over her for the night.