Chapter 6

The next few months are full of fights, tears, and late nights with Nork. Nork has been arriving early the past week, to find Emilia in more tears than the night before. Everytime Nork arrives Emilia climbs under the bed hugging Nork until she falls asleep. One morning Emilia wakes up in her bed and hears her parents fighting again. 'Do they ever sleep?' Emilia wonders miserably. She looks down at her Norky  and gives him a big hug, until she hears a yell so loud, she can make out every word.
    "FINE THEN! I WILL LEAVE! YOU CAN TAKE CARE OF EMILIA THEN! I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU OR HER ANYMORE!" After that a door slams rattling the whole house. A silence engulfs the house and Emilia hugs her Norky once again, harder than ever before.
    Nork wakes up in his bed feeling like he is being suffocated. When he can breath again he knows that Emilia needs him. He sneaks into the portal room and climbs into her portal. THe portal makes a swoosh noise as he appears and he hears someone talking to Emilia.
    "Emilia honey? Are you-," Alice starts but knows that answer when she sees her daughters face, "Emi honey. He didn't mean it. People say things they don't mean when they are upset. You shouldn't have to deal with this at such a young age." Emilia can't respond and just gives her Mommy a big hug. Alice sits on the bed next to Emilia ready to tell her the news.
    "Emilia. I know this is going to be hard for you to hear, but it will all be ok... your Daddy and I are getting a divorce." she tentatively says.
    "Wha...what's a divorce?" Emilia mumbles out.
    "It means your Daddy and I won't be living together anymore, but you will still see him." Alice explains.
    "What! No! Mommy! You can't mean that! You don't mean that. I love Daddy!" Emilia cries out.
    "I love him too, but we-," Alice gets interupted.
    "If you really loved Daddy you wouldn't be getting this- this... divorce." Emilia spits out.
    "Emilia please. I know this is hard for you, but it's already been decided. You are staying with me and will see your Father on the weekends." Alice sighs out. She tries to give Emilia a hug but gets shoved away.
    "Leave me alone!" Emilia shouts out and turns away. Alice nods and closes the door on her way out. Emilia starts sobbing into her pillow and Nork climbs out from under the bed and starts to stroke her hair. He's learned this helps calm her down when she is upset.
    "I told you to leave me alone!" Emilia shouts out hitting the hand on her head. She looks up surprised to see Nork instead of her Mommy.
    "Nork... I... I didn't mean it! I'm so sorry! Please don't leave me!" Emilia cries out.
    "I won't leave you Emilia. I'm here to help you. I heard about what is happening," Nork explains.
    "It's awful! Daddy won't be with us anymore!" Emilia sobs.
    "I know. I know. I have to go now. But I will be back later tonight I promise. If you ever need me, hug your Norky as hard as you can and I'll be there," Nork explains starting to crawl under the bed.
    "Ok, bye bye." Emilia whispers out. She hears him leave with a whoosh from under her bed.