Ghost

The puddle splashed as the captain took another step towards the light. The forest was dense and it had just rained. The constant creaking of the carriage, birds chirping and rattling leaves created an eerie atmosphere.

"Don't drag your feet samurai, look alive! We need to dump this body before the sun sets." - the captain yelled.
Both of them started catching up, dragging the carriage with them.

They left a trail behind as they proceeded, drop by drop, blood dripping from the carriage. A sudden breeze stopped them right on their tracks, followed by extreme silence. They could listen to their heart thumping to an extent that their veins synchronously pumping blood could be felt, to their finger tips.

Far, in the light, appeared a silhouette. The character had his hood on, a short cape waving, a bow on his left hand and a sheath that carried a katana attached to his right thigh.

The captain signaled one of his men to inspect. The samurai drew his sword, lifted it up, clenching tightly and advanced carefully. As soon as he took his seventh step, ahead of his captain, a rope stuck his foot and pulled him upwards; upside down. Just as he reached twenty-five feet above the ground, he started descending faster and hit his head straight on the ground. A loud crack came from his neck and he fell down lifelessly.

The character drew his bow, aimed towards them and before the captain even realized, his another man bit the dust with a huge thump.

The arrow had half-pierced his head and stuck there. The captain took a stance, but the character was long gone from where he stood minutes ago.

Panic and fear took over captain's senses and he looked around everywhere, spinning, trying to cover all possible directions. Strange movements started happening in the trees around him, a shadow somewhere lurking, ready to get him from any side.

The character emerged from the woods, from the captain's right and slashed his chest with a combo of another slash on his back.

The captain collapsed and started dragging himself away from the assassin. The assassin kicked him and tossed him over.

"Have mercy on me, p..please. Don't kill.."

"A samurai never begs for mercy, what a shame. It seems you weren't taught properly, or you're just a coward since ever."

"No.. no.. I'll tell you everything, don't.. don't ki-"

The assassin slashed one last time, the blood splashed from his throat, he fell down.

"This one's for what you did to my village, you imbecile."