Chapter Seven

Liam sighed, his fingers drumming against the steering wheel as he listened to Zayn rambling about Harry. He had enough, truly, but to be honest, he was scared of saying anything that would anger the older boy. I parked the car in front of Louis' flat, and we slowly made our way up the staircase leading to the small apartment. They were doing something bad - and Liam knew this was bad. Breaking into someone's flat wasn't even bad, it was absolutely awful. And the plans to attack the young boy who now lived there along with Louis were worse. Way worse.

"-He's just so annoying, you know? I can't even bear to look at his face, I can't even believe that Louis let him just push into his life. God damn-" he cut off in the middle of his sentence as we heard a voice from behind the door of the flat.

Liam winced, and quickly silenced Zayn with a "Shush," as they both leaned against the door, pressing their ears against the hard wood.

"I just want to punch him in the face," Zayn spat. "A bruise would be nice."

"Shut up!" Liam hissed at him, his ear pressed tight against the door.

'Please, let me go!' Harry's voice cried out, and Liam felt his jaw fall, and Zayn felt something in his heart flutter, his brown eyes shining.

'You don't know what you're doing. If you get me in trouble, I'll kill you with my bare hands.' A musculine voice spat back at him, and Liam glanced at Zayn, who's expression of horror mirrored his own.

A moment of silence.

'Let go! Please- no, don't! Please! I'll do anything!'

Someone growled, Harry sobbed, and Zayn didn't hasitate a second longer as he grabbed the door handle. With no luck, it rattled, but otherwise didn't even budge.

"It's closed!" He cried out, his eyes snapping between the door handle and Liam's frightened face.

'Please, don't do it!' They heard Harry cry out, a loud whimper following his words, and Zayn snapped, punching the door hard with his fists.

"Open the door!" He shouted at the piece of wood blocking them from the scene going on inside the flat, and the spitful words of the man stopped, the only sound being quiet cries.

'You twat! You said he won't be home until-' The rest of the man's voice was muffled as the sound of a slap echoed through the room, and over the door followed by a silent scream, making Liam wince and Zayn bash his fists harder on the door.

"Open the god damn door!" Liam joined Zayn.

"Wait, back off," Zayn muttered, looking behind him and pulling a small metal chair that someone abandoned in the corner of the hallway. "Move away," He warned Liam, before running towards the door, hitting it hard with the piece of hard metal, making the wood snap off its' hinges, the scene in front of them making them pause in horror.

Harry was curled up on thefloor, arms wrapped around his own body, his fingers were gripping his curls, pulling at them with so much force, tears spilling down his cheeks painfully slow, a dark bruise covering the most of his left cheek, a black eye slowly forming around his right eye, and his lashes clung together with the tears.

"Oh...oh god..." Liam whispered, glancing at Zayn, who swallowed thickly, his eyes snapping to the older man. Who was sneaking his way out of the room, Liam quickly running after him.

"Stop! Liam, stop him," Zayn yelled, as he dropped to his knees beside Harry, his eyes roaming over his beaten up face, his fingers reaching out to stroke the bruise. "Oh god, Harry," 

Harry automatically flinched away from his touch, frightened of what Zayn would do, and Zayn knew his limits, so he pushed his hand away and reached for his phone. "I'm calling for an ambulance, okay?"