Chapter Twelve

Louis' fingers tapped impatiently against the receptionist's desk, the smooth, blue plastic hard under his fingertips, as he hummed impatiently. It's been almost twenty minutes and he was growing more impatient with every second.

"Excuse me!" He called out, catching the attention of one or two nurses who looked extremely bored and Louis frowned. "I've been waiting for Nurse Stewart? It's about- uh, Harry, Harry Styles,"

One of the nurses hummed under her breath, shooting a sad look at the other nurse before flipping through the large amount of papers in front of her and eventually pulled out a thin file of documents. "Harry Edward Styles?"

"That's right," Louis nodded, even though he had no knowledge of Harry's middle name until this day.

"He was brought in by an ambulance around fifteen minutes ago, he's been taken to immadiate surgery," The nurse replied nonchalantly, her face expression blank.

"I've been waiting twenty minutes to hear that he's in surgery?" Louis felt the anger grow in him, but as he clenched his fists he remembered what he was there for, really. Harry. He had to do this for Harry. "When will he be out of surgery? What even is it for?"

The nurse glanced at him, her eyebrow shooting up from behind her small glasses. "Who are you to Mr. Styles? We are only legally allowed to give out any informations to responsible family members-"

"His responsible dad was arrested half an hour ago and there is no one else. I'm sorry but-"

"No, Mr. Tomlinson, was it? I can't let you in on private information as you are not close family," The nurse replied, sitting back down in her chair.

Louis felt his bottom lip quiverring, as he took it between his teeth, his hands trembling as he leaned against the desk for support. It was the last thing he could say. He needed to know if Harry was safe. He needed to. Even if lying wasn't the best choice, it was the only choice.

"Please, I'm his boyfriend," Louis whispered, crearly lying - but the only person who knew that was himself. The tears glimmering in his eyes, his hands now steadier as they gripped tight onto the plastic.

The nurse hesitated, her eyes scanning over Louis' small figure, before she sighed softly, clearly seeing how desperate the boy was to know about the younger boy.

"Alright then," She nodded once, and Louis' eyes lit up, a grateful smile tugging on his lips, as he sat on one of the stools opposite the nurse, mouthing a thank you. "I'll just read it out to you, yeah? Harry Styles was taken into immadiate surgery as the state of his ribs was critical, along with broken bones in the following body parts; left leg and left arm, as well as the collarbone-"

A sob escaped Louis' parted lips, as he quickly pressed his hand against his mouth and tried to push back the tears, away from his widened eyes. "Sorry, I just-"

"That's quite okay," The nurse nodded kindly, reaching over to fill a plastic cup with water in silence before passing it over to Louis. "Shall I continue?"

"There's more?" Louis felt his heart ache for Harry, and for how much pain the young lad must have been in. Even though he'd have done nothing wrong in his entire life, not that Louis knew of.

"Yes, unfortunately. His left hip is fractured, and we are worried about brain damage-"

"Brain damage?" Louis whimpered, one or two tears having spilt down his cheeks, creating long trails. "What do you mean?"

"Temporary memory loss, of something of that sort. It's still unsure whether that will happen or not as he is unconcious - however, fortunately, it is nothing major."