Chapter Nine

The next morning when Louis woke up, he had a smile lighting up his face, his hair somewhat just right, and the sparkles in his eyes almost unusually bright and flickering with joy, coated with a layer of sleepiness.

The hushed voies and the strong smell of something that smelt like bacon and eggs led him from his bedroom towards the small kitchen, and after stepping through the door frame, he could only feel the grin on his face expanding as he took in the two figures that chatted away about pointless things.

"Morning," he muttered sleepily, blindly pulling on a grey jumper that he found abandoned on the floor of his room, his lips forming into a small yawn but he was soon pulled out of his sleepy state when he felt something heavy jump on his back and he jumped a little, grabbing hold of the two long legs dangling over his shoulders to prevent the mystery person from falling off and onto the hard tile floor.

Though Louis had a fair idea of who it was.

"Good morning, babe," he mumbled, turning his head to nuzzle his nose into the soft curls - only to be met by stiff blonde strands.

"Sorry, Lou mate, but I don't swing that way," Niall replied, jumping off his best friend's back with a loud laugh.

"You bastard!" Louis cried out, a frown making its' way onto his pretty face, his eyes snapping from the laughing Niall, to Harry who was leaning against the stove, frown matching Louis'. "I- I thought-"

"You thought I was the little curly twat who won't cook me breakfast - yeah, I know," Niall grinned, and Harry shuffled his feet uncomfortably, finding sudden interest in his worn-out converses.

"Harry! Haz, I thought-"

Harry snorted a little, his eyes snapping up from  smirking, and letting out a small giggle and grinning, all teeth and dimples, and Louis groaned, crossing the kitchenette with three big steps, stopping in front of the taller boy.

"Morning, lovely," He mumbled this time to the right boy, breathing in the smell of Harry, and Harry had to restrain himself from jumping at Louis and pressing his lips against those pink-

"Good morning Lou," He replied instead, clearing his head of these thoughts, grinning down at Louis foolishly.

They both leaned in, Louis pressing his lips gently against Harry's temple, lingering on the soft skin for longer than probably necessary and Harry sighed blissfully, his body relaxing against Louis', their arms wrapped around each other, their hips pressed against each other's, Harry's chin resting on Louis' neck, as they breathed in each other.

"I have work today," Louis muttered, and Harry nodded.

"I know," He said. "I know you do. Niall told me. I need to get a job,"

"You don't, not yet," Louis replied, pushing himself against Harry, his lips trailing down his temple down to his cheek, and planting a small kiss to the left side of his lips. 

Harry sighed a little, shaking his head and pulled away from the tight hug, his hips pushing against Louis' once more before they both pulled back, much to Niall's confused gaze.

"Louis, I need to get a job. It's your flat - I can't just live here without paying anything and I can't pay if I don't have a job."

"But-"

Louis glanced at Niall for support that he was sure the younger lad would give - but with a small shake of his blonde head, Niall looked between Louis and Harry, his eyes lingering on Harry's curly mess of hair.

"I don't know man, I think that if Harry wants a job, he should get one. He can't sit in the flat all day, after all, yeh?" Niall said, shrugging, and Louis' eyes travelled down Harry's long body, biting his lip.