ten

My hands were shaking. I've never had to deal with anything like this, my mind was running marathons. It crushed my heart so much to see him like this.

Lux came running up the stairs and stopped dead in the doorway. I looked up at him with startled eyes and trembling hands.

"Holy fuck, Harry!" he shouted and knelt down next to me. He tried shaking him gently, causing Harry's tongue to go back inside his mouth. I scooped his tongue back out so that he wouldn't swallow it and then turned to Lux.

"Call 999," I said to him. He nodded and got his phone out immediately. He raised his phone to his ear, his face was full of fear.

"H-hello? My friend j-just overdosed and now he's having a seizure," Lux said into his phone. He gave them the address and then hung up before running downstairs to inform Freezy on what was going on. I'm surprised Freezy didn't hear all the screams.

I reached up to the sink, wet my hands slightly and placed my them on Harry's face. All I wanted was for him to be okay, to be alive. His cheeks had lost colour, making the bags under his eyes more noticeable. Seconds later, Freezy came running up the stairs in worry.

"Oh shit!" he said once he saw Harry on the ground. I looked at Lux, his eyes almost bloodshot. They both stood in the doorway in shock, not knowing what to do.

"Let me get this straight: your best friend has a drug problem, which you knew about, and you're completely clueless on what to do if he ever overdosed?" I said.

"There's not much more that we can do," Freezy said.

"One of you go wait downstairs for the ambulance," I demanded. Lux volunteered and ran downstairs.

"It's never been this bad," Freezy said to me, "We never expected anything like this from Harry. We would have researched what to do in advance if we knew he was going to relapse".

"Shouldn't you know what to do regardless?" I said, playing Harry's hair gently. He had gone from shaking quickly to slowly in quite a short amount of time.

"Yeah, I suppose you're right," he knelt down next to me.

We spent the next couple of minutes in silence as we waited for the ambulance to come. Once we heard them arrive and heard them coming up the stairs, Freezy and I stood up and walked out of the bathroom so that they would have enough space.

Next thing I knew, I was sitting in the middle of Cal and Cal in the waiting room of the hospital. The room was littered with white walls, posters and panicked people. There were people everywhere, hoping for their loved ones to be okay.

Deep down, I knew that Harry was going to be okay. I knew that his body would fight to stay alive. I didn't mind how long he needed to recover, I just needed him to be alive. His life meant a lot to me.

It was around midnight when I decided to call Simon.

"Hey Harvi, you alright? You're on speakerphone by the way," Simon spoke.

"Hi Simon, who are you with?" I asked with a husky voice.

"I'm with JJ, Josh and Vik right now. Are you okay?" he replied. He must've sensed my sadness through the phone.

"Are you guys able to come to the hospital right now?" I asked. There was silence for a couple of seconds.

"Yeah of course, what's happened?" Simon questioned.

"Harry overdosed and had a seizure, he's okay now though. I just figured I should let you guys know," I explained.

"Holy shit! Yeah, we're on our way right now!" Simon said quite loudly.