nineteen

I sometimes like to imagine where I would be as a person if I had never moved out of my childhood home. Would I still be the same person? I wouldn't have met Harry and any of his friends, that's for sure. It's crazy to think about how I wouldn't have met them all if I had never bumped into Simon that day. Meeting them has made my life so much better.

It had been 3 weeks since Simon and Josh's joint party and things between Harry and I were better than ever. It was a Friday evening and my family had invited us round for dinner tonight, which we were both obviously going to - it would be rude not to. I hadn't seen my parents for over 6 months and Harry was yet to meet them.

"I'm stressing, I don't know what to wear," I heard Harry say from his closet. I stood up from his bed and walked over to help him. He was already wearing a Sidemen colour block hoodie, black jeans and some new white trainers I generously gave him a discount for.

"You look fine like that," I said, referring to his current outfit. He spun around and looked down as what he was wearing. His cheeks were a light shade of red which only really happened when he is stressed.

"I want to make a good impression though," he replied in a cute voice. I chuckled before wrapping my arms around his neck.

"My parents are going to love you regardless of what you wear," I said and pecked his cheek. I had chosen to wear some blue ripped jeans, a white tank top under a white off-the-shoulder sweater and my white high top Vans. My parents weren't fussy, I knew they wouldn't mind what we wore.

After convincing him to stay dressed the way he was, we made our way out of his house and got into his car before beginning the hour long journey to my parent's house.

My brain was flooded with memories as soon as we pulled into the driveway. This driveway specifically held a lot of special memories. I faintly remember taking the training wheels off of my bike on the driveway when I was 5 years old. I specifically remember racing around the garden with the hose in my hand when I was 8 years old. I weirdly remember falling on my face while walking home the first time I got drunk when I was 16 years old. I vividly remember piling multiple boxes of my stuff into my parent's car the day I moved out at 18 years old. It all felt as if it were yesterday.

My parents opened the door almost immediately after they heard me knock. Smiles spread across their faces like butter.

"Hi sweetie!" my Mom said with a genuinely excited tone in her voice as she pulled me into a hug.

"Long time no see," I said and pulled my Dad into a hug. Once I stepped back, their attention moved from me to the boy beside me, "This is my boyfriend, Harry".

"Hello, it's nice to meet you both," Harry shyly waved. 

"Hi Harry, nice to meet you too," my Mom said and embraced him in a hug. Harry looked a bit shocked by her actions but hugged her back. I suppose he probably didn't expect to be welcomed into the family so soon, which is completely understandable.