Chapter 23. Ambivalent

“You’ve been a very naughty girl Cybele,” Talia whispered near my ear, sending goose bumps on my arms.

What was happening? I thought in confusion as my fair princess peeled her black nightgown sensually, looking at me with a glimmer on her grey eyes as if daring me to make a move as she let it fall to the floor. My body was frozen in the middle of our bedroom, the loud pounding of my heart preventing me from hearing anything else. Slowly, I felt sweat trickle down my back.

“Come here you,” she said wickedly as she grasped the collar of my black shirt, pulling me towards the bed. With a smile at the edge of her lips, she pushed me down on the mattress.

“What are you doing Talia?” I couldn’t control the trembling of my voice. How could I when she was beginning to straddle me while merely wearing her underwear. My eyes darted to her cleavage which was already coated by a fine sheen of sweat. Holy mother of. . .

“Don’t you want this? Because believe me baby, I’ve wanted to get inside you for so long,” she purred, biting her lower lip. As if that wasn’t enough, she raised my shirt, tracing small circles around my navel with her finger. Momentarily, all my thoughts went southward between my legs.

I raised my hands, cupping her cheek. “Of course I want to. But we have so much to do. There are castles to take and bad monarchs to overthrow. This,” I signaled to her and me. “Would have to be for later. Much later.”

“Then let’s just agree to disagree.”

Despite my earlier protest, I couldn’t do a thing when her mouth lowered to my neck. As she kissed me there, setting my skin on fire, I was but a mere spectator, my mouth opened, my eyes starting to close. The moan I made betrayed me. As with the way my hands glided to her back, and how I pushed her warm body nearer. With a swift roll, I was already on top of her, worshipping her name in the form of a whisper.

“Cybele? What is happening?” she asked.

“I’m enjoying the royal goods,” I teased. “Just as you wanted.”

“Yes, but. . .”

The hesitation in her voice made me stop. I took a good look at her. That was when I realized that both of us lay sprawled on the floor, not the bed. Talia’s nightgown was ripped in the middle, no doubt by yours truly. And instead of lust, her eyes told me of her confusion and amusement. My hands hovered over her breast. I dropped it to my side.

“I heard you moaning and thought you were having a bad dream,” she explained. “You kind of attacked me when I touched your face.”

“Oh,” was all I could say. So that was all a dream huh? Before I embarrassed myself further, I stood up from the floor, offering a hand to her. She didn’t take it.