Chapter 32. Facade

Chapter 32. Facade

"Home sweet home," I murmured under my breath. "At least for now."

Van trudged behind, almost colliding on a sofa to the right. She moved away just in time to avoid it. "Wow your majesty, I didn't think you'd have this kind of property. It's all. . . Old?" she trailed. "It doesn't seem like your usual style."

"Says a person who took me to a shabby house," Talia snickered. Van raised her eyebrows in question. "When you kidnapped me remember? That house you took me to was awful."

"Hey don't bring up the past princess." Van rolled her eyes. "I'm a changed girl. For Brookey baby." She wriggled her eyebrows.

"Yeah right." Talia looked at the ceiling, then back to me. "But what is this place Cybele? I have to agree with Van on this one. The house really looks like it's going to fall apart."

"The fortress where I first took you was my original plan. The backup was the farm. This," I said as I gestured around the area. "Was the backup to my backup. I didn't think I'd ever need it so I just let it sit around after buying the place. But don't worry guys, we're totally safe here. As you might have noticed, we're thirty minutes away from the town. It's also up the hill so we'd see any intruders. For now we'll rest here."

Vanessa scratched her neck. "Until when your highness?"

"Until we know that it's safe to travel back to England. Also, there's Brooke to consider." Van's eyes alighted with excitement. "We need to contact her, meet up, and plan carefully," I continued. "Until that time, we shouldn't let our guards down. The palace guard dogs are out there as we speak. They won't stop at anything to get the princess, and this time they'll show no mercy."

Van smacked her fist against her palm. "Let's see them try."

"Well there are hundreds of them and only one of you," Talia said, worry in her eyes. "It's best if we stay low key."

"Correct." I nodded in agreement. "For now, Vanessa can choose which bedroom to sleep in. This house has 4 bedrooms- one here and another 3 upstairs. There are restrooms for each room. Then there's the kitchen and this living room. We'll sleep in shifts okay?"

"Fine with me majesty." Van shrugged, walking lazily to the nearest sofa which was still covered with white blanket. She pulled the cloth unceremoniously, then settled on the couch with both feet up. "I know you have some catching up to do with the princess so I'll take the first shift. How I wish Brooke and I really was a couple and she's here right now," she sighed. "I'd do classified things to her."

Talia laughed but I just shook my head. "Hey can you please not tell that to my face? Brooke is like a sister and I don't want to imagine things like that."

The princess pulled me to her, smiling slightly. "Don't worry," she whispered. "I won't give you time to think."

It was Van's turn to laugh at my beet red face. "Haha Vanessa," I grumbled, taking hold of Talia's right hand. "We'll sleep now so take care with your watch. Good night."

With her hand in mine, Talia and I went up the stairs and to the farthest room. As soon as the door was closed, the princess removed her top, placing it on a chair in the corner. Just because something happened already didn't mean that her toned and sexy body didn't come as a surprise. It still gave me Goosebumps. And so was the naughty look she was giving at the moment.

"Wanna?" she smirked, biting her lips provocatively.

My eyes scanned her body, the stirring of lust starting like wildfire. But instead of burning me, it proved to be the opposite, for how could fire create an ocean between someone's legs? Well that would have to remain a mystery, I thought as I shook my head. "No?" she asked, taking a step closer.