iii; stilinski residence

"I AM NOT," Jules laughed frantically at the absurd plan her father laid out for her. "I repeat," she said one more time. "I am not staying at the Stilinski's!" She sat on the kitchen counter, munching aggressively on the pack of salt and vinegar chips she held. "I would rather stay with Crazy Aunt Theresa."

Her father already loaded his suitcase in his car, and held his car and house keys in his hands. "You don't think I already tried?" He laughed lightly. "She's still pissed from last time I left you and Emily with her for only two nights, and you two managed to sneak out three times."

"Four." She corrected him.

"And besides, you used to have sleepovers with Stiles all the time."

"When i was twelve."

Her father pushed her off the kitchen counter and out the door. "You're making me late, Jules." He said as he locked the door and moved over to his car. "Now please let me drop you off at the Stilinski's so I won't miss my flight."

     Juliette bit her tongue. She knew what he was doing, having someone else supervise her while he goes away to a business trip to when she checked at his office, was only meant to last two days but had been extended to two weeks and a half. It was the same move with Eichen House, extending her stay there so he could have the house to himself and his preferred daughter, Emily.

     Sometimes she wanted to hate him, to turn all her empathy towards him to void and stop making excuses for him. One day, she'd stand up to him, but today, she nodded. "Fine." It isn't like the Stilinski's are equipped to deal with me, anyway.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

JULES ENTERED the Stilinski household, amazed at how nothing has changed, not even in the slightest. She dropped her bag near the door, next to her backpack. "So," Noah closed the door behind him as the girl observed the living qroom. "You'll be staying in Stiles' room, he'll be sleeping on the floor or on the couch. That's only until the couch bed I ordered online arrives."

      Roaming around the living room, she looked around at the picture frames on the tables. "I'm sure he'd love that idea." She mumbled inaudibly.

     "Your father told me you ride your bike to school everyday, but you don't have to worry about that anymore, Stiles will ride you to school for as long as you stay here. There's food in the kitchen, and the bathroom is upstairs at the end of the hall. Alright?"

"Yeah, thanks." Jules took careful and slow steps around the living room. Gathering the courage, she turned to him and pursed her lips. "He doesn't know i'm staying here, does he?" She asked knowingly.

Stilinski stopped in his steps and laughed lightly. "I told him, but I don't think he was listening. How'd you know?"

She nodded. Of course. "He would never agree to a stranger sleeping on his bed."

"You're not a stranger, Juliette, you're practically family." Noah reassured her. "I need to go on a night shift at the station, i'll be back in two hours. Stiles is upstairs if you need anything." Before he left, he said; "Also, i'm missing one of my unsolved cases, and I would very much appreciate it if it magically appeared in my bedroom."

And with that he headed out, and Juliette made her way upstairs. She took steps towards to Stiles' room, and peeked in before she could enter. It immediately bought back all the memories she had of their sleepovers with the two and Heather. Heather and Juliette went to another public school separate from Stiles, but they would still have play dates every day after school. Eventually, Heather and Stiles grew apart. Juliette was still best friends with Stiles, and the convenience of their houses being in the same street helped them stay in touch. As with Heather, she remained friendly with Juliette until she passed away.