xxvi; helpless

"STILES!" Juliette ran to wrap his arms around him, but before she could come close to him she was pulled away by Peter Hale. Scott ran outside to check if the Nogitsune and Lydia were anywhere close, but all he saw was his mother's car missing. Since he can't teleport without the help of Juliette or the Oni, he needed a car to transport. Pushing her far away from Stiles and to the kitchen, Peter finally stopped. "What are you doing?"

"If what you said earlier about Void using physical contact to use your powers is true, then we can't have you anywhere near him until Melissa makes sure that's really Stiles."

Juliette shook her head. "It's really him, I know it." She said. "I can feel it."

      "I know you do."

      She squinted her eyes, curiosity overcoming her. "What does that mean?"

       "Your kind have a way of... sensing supernaturals."

       She drifted nearer to him, glancing at the living room to make sure their conversation wasn't audible to them. "My kind? You knew my mother?" She analysed how he reacted to her question, and could faintly tell that he's only heard stories. "When you say sensing supernaturals, is that— well, before I was sure about all this, I theorised about supernaturals. And I guessed Lydia was a banshee, so was that... sensing it?"

Peter took a moment before answering to examine her again, eyes darting to her bandaged stomach. Without any warning, he ripped her bandage open. Gasping, she looked down to her bare stomach, and saw that the gnarly wound was fully healed up as if it hasn't even been touched. "This is bad." He mumbled. "He's healed."

"You know." Juliette said without any surprise in her voice. "Of course you do." She scoffed.

Rolling his eyes, he let the bandage drop to the floor. "I don't know why you haven't told them about your bizarre tie to his life, and quite frankly I don't care, but you're lucky they don't know enough about you and your power to find out." Peter explained. "You know he left you here because he thought I told you the truth about your powers, right? If you knew the truth, then you're more of a threat to him than anything."

Recalling the moment before they stepped into Stiles' mind, when Peter said he had a plan that involved her amplifying powers, that would help with the Nogitsune problem in their hands. "You know something." She spat. "And whatever information you know won't do any good if you keep it to yourself. So what do you know?"

"Now why would I tell you that?"

Juliette clenched her jaw, impatient. "Because you're just as scared as the rest of us."

"That's where you're wrong." He cocked his head to the side. "I'm not scared of anything."

"Everyone's scared of something." She rolled her eyes. "And you're scared because you're no longer the big bad of the story, and there's a stronger, more powerful being taking your throne. Now, that doesn't mean you're going to fight against it, because why do that when you can manipulate a sixteen year old girl into doing that instead, right? I'm just giving you what you want." She shrugged. "So tell me how I can beat him."

It took five more minutes for him to give in and tell her more about her powers, and how the Nogitsune was purposely belittling her, not allowing her to think that her abilities are capable of expanding or existing without him. Then there was that other vital piece of information he gave her. One she quietly promised herself to put to the test only when they reached a dead end.