vii; the first mission

"HEY, WHATS HAPPENING?" Juliette pushed past the several students in order to get into the locker room. Deputy Parrish stood in front of the locker room, not allowing students to enter. Thankfully, Juliette was quite familiar with the Deputy from all her time spent in the police station, every time Isaac was having a great supernatural adventure he wouldn't let her be a part of. "You're going to let me in, right? I mean, you practically owe me from last time—"

Deputy Parrish cocked his head to the side. "Last time?"

"A lot of people owe me big time, I'm sure you're one of them." Juliette stopped, trying to recall. "Didn't I help you find your car keys once? You owe me for that."

"Pretty sure that wasn't me."

Juliette huffed, eager to enter the locker room. "Holy shit, Parrish, I think you might be the one person in the world that doesn't owe me anything. Congratulations, Deputy." She playfully punched his chest, but he did not look amused. Stiles, who was already in the locker room, looked out at Juliette. "Alright, how did you get in there?"

Stiles turned to the officer beside him. "She can come in, she's with me."

"And who are you?" The officer replied, causing Juliette to burst out laughing.

Stiles' face fell. "Do you want me to get you in, or not?"

"Sorry." When Stiles finally explained to the officer that he's the Sheriff's son, he allowed Juliette in. Stiles explained to her everything that happened, right from the were-coyote breaking into the school and almost attacking the new girl, Kira, who she recognised to be her history teacher's daughter. "Why would Malia attack Kira? Why would she come to the school in the first place? Do you think she wanted to find Isaac and Scott?"

Stiles shrugged, walking up to the new girl. "Hey, Kira, what were you doing here anyway?"

"She goes to school here." Juliette answered for her, then had to receive an eye roll from him. "You meant what was she doing in the locker room, didn't you?"

Kira had her arms crossed like a tight hug around her body, and an anxious look on her face. "Scott forgot his backpack, I was just trying to do something nice and give it to him." She held up a maroon backpack.

Scott walked up to the three. "That's really nice, but that's not my backpack."

"It's not?"

"No," Stiles sighed. "It's Juliette's. Would you like to tell us what the hell a coyote would want with your backpack?"

Juliette bit her lip, then tried to smile to hide the fact that she's hiding something. "You know, Stiles, i'd rather not."

Stiles opened her backpack, taking out the first thing he saw, an all too familiar doll. "How the hell did you even get this!"

"I might have persuaded Isaac into not telling you, but he got the doll. Honestly, I expected him to tell Scott eventually." Juliette shrugged. "I hardly think that's my fault."

Scott turned to Stiles. "Actually, Stiles, that sounds a lot like something you would do."

"Except I would've told you."

Juliette clapped her hands together. "Exactly! You would've told your best friend, but you wouldn't have told me. Which is exactly what I did, I told my best friend, but I left that part out when talking to you."

Mr. Tate entered the locker room, and the first thing he saw was the four teenagers holding a doll. "I knew you stole it!" Mr. Tate grabbed the doll out of the teenagers hands. "It belonged to my daughter..." He said softly, his voice then turning harsh when he looked back at the teenagers. "Why would you steal this from me!"