Nightmares

AN// - Edited

Rory's POV

I wake up in the middle of the night to noises. After a moment I realize it's whining and heavy breathing coming from a few feet away from me.

I turn on my lamp before reaching down and shaking Andy awake. The feeling of my hand touching her shoulder made her panic more for a second before she heard my voice and sprung awake.

Her eyes scan for a few seconds, in a complete panic. Then she looks up and locks eyes with me, and her eyes fill with tears.

I don't think I've ever seen her cry. I've cried to her a few times, she is one of my best friends.

Normal teen girl stuff. Boyfriends, school, and the stress of life, but she never let her walls down enough to let anyone see her cry.

I stick my arms out and she stands up, curling herself up next to me in the bed, hugging me tight.

"You're okay, And. You're safe now. None of us will let anything happen to you," I whisper to her, patting her hair.

She likes her hair being played with. She normally falls asleep. I lay back down with her curled up next to me and we both fell back asleep.

--

Andrea's POV

Dream

I'm sitting on the couch with Lorelai and Rory. We are trying to decide what to eat. Pizza, Al's, Indian. We are interrupted by my parents coming in the door. Rory and Lorelai go to get up, but they can't move.

My parents come and pull me off the couch and start hitting. There's nothing anyone can do. Then they leave me and go at the girls.

I'm too scared to move, to look at my friends, my real family being hurt by those awful people. All I hear is Lorelai and Rory calling for help, just like I always would.

Then I feel someone touch me and I panic more.

-

I hear Rory's voice calling me. I sit up and look around the room. We're safe? I look at her.

She sticks her arms out and I break down, just like I did for Luke. She comforts me and we fall asleep.

It's nice to know I have people. I already knew I had the Gilmores and Luke, but now I don't have to hide anything.

That feels amazing.