• Built to Ruins •

Chapter thirteen: Built to Ruins

"You..are allowing me to leave the palace and investigate for myself?" To say that I am shock was merely an understatement. I am beyond shock.

The King is giving me a direct order to interfere with the court. Something that the Jungkook I know wouldn't do.

"Are you certain of that request, Your Majesty?" I really couldn't believe him.

Jungkook sighed. "I can't fully trust my officials on this matter, as we both know that each and everyone of them might have something to do with this occurring rebellion." He said.

Trust.

Is he trusting me on this?

"My Prime Misnister and the Chief of Royal Guards will be on your side to ensure the Queen's safety on this secret mission I bestowed on you." He said, "I know how knowledgeable you are in this field, thus I believe you'll be able to figure a solution on this matter while I..I figure the insolent officials on my court."
"I can't do this alone. And as lowly as it may sound, I am asking for your help, and I am acknowledging your skills and allowing you to interfere on this matter." He added.

This..is a first time.

"No one must know about this, except me, you, the Prime Minister, and the Chief of Royal Guards." He reminded me and stood up. "I know how risky this is. I am risking both mine and the nation's Queen's life just to stop this delusion. But I had no choice."

I stood up and bowed. "I will do everything I can for you, my King."

And I mean it.

He gave one nod and one last glance to me before leaving.

•••

"You are actually risking the Queen's life for those lowly scum?" His Prime Minister asked. "Forgive my tone, Your Majesty, but I just really can't understand what is going on in your mind. You are risking Her Majesty's life, putting her in grave danger. And for what? A mission with no definite evidence."
"We are still investigating if the rumours are real. We are still not certain on this matter. And as far as we've managed, there is still no sign of those rebels."

Jungkook knows that. He is well aware of what he was signing up for, what he was risking, and what he were to lose.

But his mind has been made up. He wont easily let those scum crumble him down. Rumour or not, he will find these men and make sure to eliminate them before they become a threat to him.

If they think they can easily bring his regime down, then they are up for something unexpected.
And if he have to use the Queen on this matter, he will and he won't hesitate.

"But you will be there to ensure her safety, aren't you, Prime Minister Park?" He said, having to get the other man off guard.

"That shouldn't be a question, Your Majesty. I will lay my life for the sake of both of you." The young Prime Minister, answered.