• Show me your Vulnerability •

Chapter twenty-nine: Show me your Vulnerability

"Doryeon-nim!" Jimin smiled upon hearing the old lady's voice

"Doryeon-nim!" Jimin smiled upon hearing the old lady's voice. The woman was quick to put down the tea on the small wooden table, and hurried to help him with his belongings. "You're back earlier than we expect!" The woman muttered in delight, her hands gently checking for any injury on Jimin.

He laughed, hugging Miss Suk, the former Sanggung of the Queen.

"It was nice to finally be here again, Miss Suk." He said, looking around the whole place.
"Where is Ji Seok?" He asked, forehead creased.

"Oh, Ji Seok have gone down to the village to fetch a Uinyeo." Answered the woman, "And who is this with you?"

Jimin almost forgot about his companion. He turned back to the man, smiling. "This is Woo Shik, Miss Suk. He helped me through my journey. He's son of Excellency Choi, a Magistrate." Jimin explained. The man with him was quick to bow, showing respect to the aged woman.

"You two must be hungry! I will prefer you food, you should rest!" Said the woman, guiding the two on the porch of the hanok they were staying in. The Hanok is not far from the temple, most monks go there to rest or help Suk with taking care of the former Queen.

Now that he noticed, Jimin looks around the place once more. Eyes scanning diligently on each corners, quickly meeting his companion's gaze. Woo Shik gave him a baffled look, noticing the sudden change on the man's demeanor.

"Miss Suk," Jimin called, the woman stopped from walking away and turn back to him.

"What is it, Doryeon-nim?"

"Where's the Queen—"

"I'm here." Said the same cold voice. Jimin's neck almost twist on the way he quickly turned on the direction of the voice. "And I'm no longer a Queen." The woman added, eyes narrowed on the two men.

Jimin's smile grew, before he was skipping to the woman. Everyone can tell how much livelier, happier, the young man have become with the mere sight of the woman.

"But you are still my Queen." Jimin sweetly muttered, though Hyun Ae did not even feel any fluttery. The woman just stared blankly on the man, though she admit that he somehow managed to lighten the atmosphere of the Hanok. Everyone was too gloomy when he was away.

Hyun Ae's eyes turned to the man behind Jimin, her gaze suddenly flashing recognition.

"Who is he?" She muttered, eyes still trained on the man.

Woo Shik bowed, "I am Choi Woo Shik, Agassi. Son of the town Magistrate." He said.

Jimin's eyes flicker between Hyun Ae and the man, an unknown hue was in his eyes.

"I," Jimin gaze flickered back to the woman when she trailed, "I thought you look someone familiar." She sighed, dismissing the topic.

Hyun Ae then turned back to Jimin, "What brings you here earlier than you said?" She asked, coming down from the porch of the Hanok.

Jimin did not do anything but smile. It's true that he fasten his expedition for some matters. And perhaps, because he's not relieved knowing that Hyun Ae must be sick.
Everything is taking a huge toll on the woman, and it's not good.

"I have to tend on some matters with the Magistrate. And I heard that you've been nothing but stubborn." Jimin answered, nodding at Miss Suk and Woo Shik to deliver a silent message. "Let's take a walk. I heard the bridge is quite beautiful at this time of the day." The man muttered.

Jimin has no idea when it all started, and how. He just woke up one morning knowing to himself how much he likes that stupid, annoying, girl.

Jimin grew up going back and forth to the palace. His day usually consist of playing with the Crown Prince and the Prince's younger brother, then annoying the utmost hell out of the sister of a known scholar.

What was his little heart didn't know, was he would fall for that cunning little girl.
And he certainly did not expect that the same girl he would annoy for the whole day, would be titled Crown Princess.

And when he learn about his true intention. The feelings behind his teasings. The sudden longing whenever he wouldn't see her. And the smile that etched on his lips whenever she'll show up. Was all because of a growing affection.

He fell, hard, harshly.

He fell for the woman he was promised to protect. He fell when love is the least needed thing in his life.
And he fell for the wrong one.

Now, even after years of neglecting such emotion, even after months of the woman turning him down, he's still there. His heart still beating loudly when she's near, eyes still showing vulnerability when she's around, and lips still etched in blissful smile when she talks.

Jimin is clearly head over heel for the woman. And he fear that these feelings would hinder who he really is.

"I heard from Ji Seok that you've been refusing to consult a physician." Jimin started, eyes trained on the view ahead of them. Feeling the cold breeze of that afternoon air.

Hyun Ae sighed beside him.

"Why?" He asked again, eyes now trained on the woman.
Hyun Ae gave him a quick glance before she's gazing out ahead again. "You know it would be better when we know what really goes on in your body, than playing blind."

"I don't want to know the truth." She firmly muttered. Eyes narrowed.

"There's nothing to be afraid of." Jimin tried to comfort the unknown storm on the woman's eyes.

It is enough for him. At least the woman let him see past through her firm demeanor. She let him see her vulnerability. And that's enough for Jimin. That should be enough for him.

Hyun Ae turned back to him, eyes now brimming with tears. The only emotion that she let them see after those months of being vanished from the palace. "There is," She muttered, and Jimin's heart ache. "I am afraid of everything, Park. And I should be! There's a big possibility that I am carrying the King's child and I am here! The true heir should be on the palace but I am here!" The woman cried, collapsing on Jimin's arms.

The man hold her tighter, afraid to let go. He have no idea what kind of pain he was bearing after that big reality sinking in, biting him.

Now, the realization that's he'd been neglecting all those months, have a possibility of becoming his reality.

The woman she loves might be pregnant of the King's child.

"I am not deserving to be a mother, Jimin." The woman continue to cry. "This child don't deserve the life I put to myself. He don't deserve to be mothered by a sinful woman!"

"Stop," Jimin's lips shakes, pain consuming him. "You're not sinful. You're not bad. You were wronged by those people and it's not your fault!" His hand shakes when he guide her face to look up to him, to meet his glassy eyes.
"Let's consult the physician, if your assumptions were right then we'll find a way to let the King know," Though Jimin already have a guess that Jungkook knows. The King has ears and eyes everywhere Hyun Ae goes. "And if it's not like what we expect, then you still have me."

Park Jimin just wants be selfish.

A/N: I might publish three more stories because I really am on the stage in life where I would have another story plot pop in my head and then I'll do it coz i wont be able to sleep at night thinking about the plot (i know i can keep it on draft but im a really shitty head that cant wait to show things with others so..) ☹️ and then I'll yeet myself out of this orange app after making a ruckus 😂 yeah please give it a try love lots~