• Bleeding in Pain •

Chapter twenty: Bleeding in Pain

Hyun Ae couldn't sleep. Again.

She felt like something was wrong. There was an unexplained fear in the pit of her stomach. She felt like things were about to go downhill, and she dont like that.

Turning to her side, her forehead creased seeing the empty bed beside her.
Where would Hwa Young go?
How funny, because even if she was wide awake, she didn't felt the girl leave their bed.
Why wouldn't she? Hyun Ae has been sleeping next to her older friend since last week, how can she not feel the coldness of the space the girl left on beside her?

Foolish, she stood up, took her outer robe and left the room where all the contestant for Crown Princess sleep.
The cold breeze of the night's air and the silence that follows, welcome the young fourteen year old.

Hyun Ae can only laugh at the fact that she spent almost halve of her life inside the palace. From the very age of five to the tender age of fourteen.
It felt like yesterday when she just learned about all those palace custom, and now it is only days before someone was chosen as the Crown Prince's bride.

Speaking of the Crown Prince, she hasn't seen him that much, unlike before. Somehow, Hyun Ae can say that she misses her friend in him.

Today, the Queen and the Crown Prince was set to leave the palace for an expedition. They are heading to the mountain to consult some buddhist about the coming marriage and coronation of the Crown Prince.

But, reminiscing isn't the reason why she's up so late. It wasn't the Crown Prince's missing presence  that kept her awake,  it was the unsettling feeling inside her.

"What am I so bothered about?" She whispered to herself, sighing.

She was about to go back in, but then she halted. Hand on the wooden knob of their chamber.

She suddenly felt like crying.

"What is wrong with me, seriously?" She hissed, wiping the tears away. "Mother..." and suddenly, she blurted.

It wasn't long until Hyun Ae found herself running towards the town. Her gut just told her that she needed to get home, and without any logical reason, she ran.
She dont care if she will be in trouble for doing so, because all she care at that moment was to get home. Only if she know her family are fine, just then she'll gladly go back to the palace.