18

Ava Morris

I looked at the door when Valerie walked in. My brows frowned in confusion, Vincent was telling me that he was planning to go out with Valerie.

"Weren't you guys going out?"

"Nope, we are staying home." She took a seat near the window.

"Why? Vincent planned to go out, right?"

"Yeah he did, but his manager called and they needed to work on something."

"Oh," I said and continued working.

"Just give me ten minutes. I will be done with my work," I said.

"Yup, I will go through my emails."

"Hmm." I continued working while she scrolled through her emails. Once I was done with my work, I closed my laptop and placed it on the night stand and cleared the space around me.

"You done with work?" Valerie asked.

"Yup, I don't have to worry until morning." She chuckled and wandered to where I was sitting.

"Anyway, what's happening to you?"

"What's happening to me?" I asked her back.

"Haha, I saw you arguing with your mum."

"Right..." It then clicked in my mind.

"They think I need to see someone," I said as she started laughing.

"Really?"

"Yup! Now that you and Vincent are back together, they think I need to find someone before its too late."

"Hmm, to be honest, it's true Ava, I mean you are going to turn twenty-two soon. You should meet men of your age." I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"Not you too, Valarie. Honestly, I'm happy right now and I'm not sure about loving someone." I'm cautious about what I'm saying because Valerie can easily find out that I'm in love. She waited for my brother all these years. I'm sure she can guess it by watching my face.

I watched as there was a playful smile on her face as she nodded her head. "You know I think you love someone." there you go.

"Nope." I said coolly.

"Haha... I know when someone is in love, darling. You can hide it in this house, but not from me." She pinched the bottom of my nose as she smiled.

"I don't wanna talk about that," I replied, shrugging my shoulders. My cheeks are turning pink and that is amusing her.

"Don't wanna talk about what?" We heard Vincent's voice as he entered the room and made his way towards where Valerie was.

"Nothing." Valerie told him and he kissed her cheek before snuggling beside her.

"Eww... No PDA please..."

"Go away then," Vincent said, kissing Valerie's cheek and she started laughing while I made a face.

"You know you behave like a puppy dog craving Valerie's attention," I told Vincent, who rolled his eyes at me.

"I always crave Adria's attention." Vincent calls Valerie by her middle name Adria. No-one calls her Adria, so it's special between them. I don't know what she calls my six-foot-two idiotic brother.

"What are we gonna do now? Ava is free and I don't have anything to do," Valerie said.

"You want to go anywhere?" Vincent asked. Valerie looked at me.

"You have something on your mind?"

"Hmm, I was planning to go to the shopping mall. I wanted to ask you, you want to?" I asked her.