19

Ava Morris

I calmed down when I saw the message. I have been up all night thinking about the date. I have never been this excited. There is a jittery feeling in my stomach and I just can't keep my excitement down. I comb my hair and try to push it back. I wore a 'Gap' brown hoodie and pants.

Brad mentioned comfortable clothes and I have no idea where he is taking me. So, I decided to keep the outfit simple and cute. I apply simple makeup and wear my vans before picking up my bag.

I go down and hear my mum's series playing in the background. When she heard me coming, she paused her episode and looked at me. "You going out?"

I took my seat beside her and nodded my head. "With your girls?"

"Nah."

"Hmm?"

"I'm going out with Brad." There was a surprised look on her face. "Brad?"

"Yes." She nodded her head but didn't ask me any further questions. Thank god, she didn't or else I would've been in a fit of nervousness.

"Aren't you going to have your breakfast?" she asked.

I think about having breakfast. "No, it's too early for breakfast." I usually go for brunch and having breakfast at seven in the morning isn't ideal when I'm going on a date with Brad.

"What about a cup of coffee? I will make you one."

"It's okay, mum. I will grab one later."

"Okay."

"Where's Vincent?"

"He went out with Valerie, didn't give many details but will be returning in the evening." I hummed and pulled my phone out.

"When will you be back?"

"By evening, mum."

"Tell Brad to join us for dinner. It's been a while."

"Will pass the message." I go through Instagram while I wait for Brad. I don't think he would be coming in and tell mum hi. He must be nervous as well. Hopefully, excited...

I look at the time '7:50.' and think if Brad would be on time or if he would be late. There's a message from Brad. I immediately opened it.

Brad: Hi, hope you remember today. I'm waiting outside.

Ava: 😒

Ava: Will be out in two minutes.

Brad: Waiting

"Bye. mum. I will text you if there's something and call me if you need something." I got up from the sofa and gave her a hug.

"Brad is waiting?"

"Yeah..."

"Cool, babe must be nervous. Hopefully, you guys hit it off by making out by the end of the date." My eyes widened in horror and shock.

"What? Do you think I did not notice it or saw the pictures of you two in the trail room?"

"What?" She laughed before shaking it off. "Honey, your pictures with Brad coming out of the trail room were a hot topic but they didn't mention Brad's name."

"Don't worry, Vincent won't be knowing it."

"But how did you know about the pictures?" I asked.

"Valerie." I groaned and shook my head.

"Don't worry, I ship you both. I cannot wait to see you two together!" she beamed with happiness.

"Ugh." I stepped out of the house and made my way towards the driveway. We live in the same old house though there were plans to shift. But we didn't have the heart to shift as this home holds so many memories.