Thirteen

'The First Task'

"Diggory! Diggory! Diggory!"

Even from that far away, Lori could see the terror on Cedric's face as hs saw the dragon for the first time. He slowly pulled out his wand, looking nervously around the arena, which had fallen silent.

"You can do it, Ced!" Lori yelled at the top of her lungs, a smile breaking onto his face when he saw her in yellow.

People even held their breaths as Cedric cast his first spell, transfiguring a nearby rock into a growling German Shepherd.

The dragon's eyes swung towards it, Cedric creeping forward. Lori didn't even realise she had grabbed Katie and Leanne and was now tightly hanging on to their hands.

He was around two metres from the egg when the dragon devoured the dog in a gout of flame and turned, leering, down at him. His hands wrapped around the egg, sprinting back out of the arena.

He let out a painful scream, his face coming into contact with the flame just as he disappeared into the tent. A large round of applause broke out across the arena as the dragon fell into a sleep and was dragged away by Charlie and the others, replacing it with the Welsh Green.

Fleur shakily appeared, charming the dragon to sleep and grabbing the egg, only her skirt set alight as she passed the task.

Krum came next, casting the Conjunctivitis Curse at his dragon. It roared, bellowing as it stepped all over its eggs, Krum dancing with death as raced between its legs and took the egg.

"Three of our champions have now faced their dragons!" Dumbledore bellowed, his voice magically amplified, "And so each of them will proceed to the next task. And now, our fourth and final contestant."

"Harry! Harry! Harry!"

The youngest champion slowly appeared, diving behind a rock just as the dragon lashed its spiked tail down at the ground. He made a dash for the egg, narrowly missing it again as the dragon hovered over him.

The dragon roared, settling herself on a rock above the eggs as Harry was thrown through the air. His head appeared, darting back just before it was consumed by flame.

"Your wand, Harry!" Hermione shrieked, "Your wand!"

"Accio Firebolt." Harry shouted, hiding behind another rock as the dragon jumped above him. He made a running leap, landing perfectly on his broom and soaring upwards. Hermione and Lori cheered as Harry went for egg, pulling back to avoid being burnt.

The dragon lurched, snapping the chain around her neck and flying after him, her tail slicing through the staff tent and sending multiple teachers screaming to the floor.

"Well done, dragon!" Fred yelled as the two flew out of sight.

Lori closed her eyes, still holding on to Katie and Leanne, "Come on, Harry. Be the Seeker." she muttered under her breath.