Twenty Five

'Platform 9¾'

Sirius, in his animagus form of a black dog, yapped happily as they trudged through Kings Cross Station towards Platform 9¾

Moody and Tonks walked ahead of the Weasleys, Diggorys, Harry and Hermione, the students all laden with baggage, providing security for them as they were now all targets.

Sirius passed Moody, trotting down the stairs, "Padfoot?" he asked incredulously, "Are you barking mad? You'll blow the entire operation!"

All of them gathered around the entrance to the waiting room, where Sirius had morphed back into a human and was talking to Harry, Moody and Tonks posted by the door.

Amos and Petronella agreed to accompany the three prefects and Head Boy through to the platform where the Hogwarts Express was, as they all needed to change into their robes.

The thrill of racing at the wall between platforms 9 and 10 never got old, seeming to age every student back down to their first year when they crossed onto the hidden platform.

Mrs Diggory went first, taking Cedric with her, Lori took Ron and Mr Diggory came after them with Hermione, making sure to be discreet as they melted through the wall.

Smoke puffed up from the Hogwarts Express, excited twelve year old chattering away in awe, their families helping them load their luggage onto the train.

Lori and Hermione parted with Ron and Cedric to change in the girl's toilets, pulling their black robes with red trim on in the cubicles, before fastening their cloaks on front of the mirrors.

Lori smiled at her, proudly pinning the red prefect badge onto Hermione's cloak before they went back out onto the platform, Ron and Cedric appearing a few minutes later.

They loaded their trunks onto the train, guiding intrepid first years into empty carriages and giving them words of advice. People clapped Cedric on the back when they saw his badge, with the school crest on, the letter HB sitting proudly at the centre of all four house colours.

Lori was almost knocked off her feet as Ellie tackled her into a hug, greeting her friend after spending nearly two months apart, "It's so good to see you, Lori."

"You too," she smiled, "still getting used to your spontaneous hugs.

Ellie laughed, taking her younger sister, who was a Hufflepuff in Ron and Hermione's year by the hand, the pair of then climbing onto the train, "Come on, Susan."

Lori scoured the platform for any more terrified eleven year olds. Harry, Ginny, Fred and George appeared with their mother and father through the gate after five minutes.

They were some of the last on the platform, chivvied onto the train by Hermione before Cedric and Lori were pulled over by their two sets of parents.