Thirty

'Coming Together'

Lori's fingers deftly wove strands of Ginny's hair into two braids before their match against Slytherin that day, both up fairly late compared to the usual time on match day

As a result, the Gryffindor table was already swarming with students by the time the sisters got there, still somehow managing to find seats with the rest of the team.

It was always one of the most hostile matches of the season, Slytherin playing extremely dirty against the biggest rivals.

Roger and Cho had already sought her out to wish her luck the previous day, various other members of the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff teams voicing their hopes that Gryffindor would win the match when they passed her in the corridor.

The Slytherin team slipped into the Great Hall even later than their rivals, also wearing their Quidditch robes but having just had a practice.

Lori wanted to be in the same place as them for as little time as possible, so as to avoid a conflict, and half dragged the Gryffindor team down to the pitch a few minutes later.

"Right, listen up, guys." Lori said, standing in front of her sat down team in their changing rooms, "Let's go out of this match on a high and chill out for the other two."

The Lions nodded, some of them still devouring toast and apples.

"Bletchley isn't the best Keeper, so we go on the offensive today, got it?"

They nodded again as some of then stretched in various corners of the red and gold tent, Katie putting a layer of polish onto her broom.

"Hey, Lori?" Ginny's voice rang through the tent, her head pointing to the door, "Cedric's waiting for you."

Ignoring the whistles she got from the twins, Angelina and Alicia, she left the tent, Cedric pulling her into a hug and pressing a kiss to her forehead, "You got this, babe."

Lori looked up at him, "I so don't got this."

He rubbed her knuckles reassuringly, looking down at her from his slightly larger height as students excitedly ran past them to get better seats in the stands.

Lori suddenly had an idea, "Wait here," she said, before running back into the tent and ferreting through her change of clothes, before procuring her Gryffindor scarf and giving it to Cedric, "would you wear it?"

He smiled, already wrapping it around his neck before he bent down to kiss her on the nose.

Lori blushed, "Cedric, there are people everywhere."