One | Silent Moon

- Chapter One -
Silent Moon

-§-

The best time for new beginnings is now.

- Unknown -

-§-

With an iron grip, her captor drags her along the corridor. She stumbles behind, barely being able to look at her surroundings. Not that she could see much anyway, for the hall was only lit by a few dim candles.

They approach a large doorway, seeming in the shadows like nothing more than a dark hole. They groan in protest as they're pushed open enough for her to be thrown inside.

She lets out a groan herself as the door slams shut behind her and she gets up off the floor.

"Stupid vampires. I'm breakable you know?"

"Oh we know."

Her blood runs cold as she notices seven pairs of fluorescent eyes piercing the darkness. Heart kicking into overdrive, she suddenly has the urge to flee. They were the Seven. The last pure-blooded vampires alive.

Steeling her nerve, she stands up straight.

"Alyssia Lancaster. Nineteen. You have been brought here on a violation of curfew and elemental misuse. How do you plea?"

"Guilty."

There's a pause.

"Guilty?" It was a different voice this time, more childlike. "Wow. Humans are stupid."

"No I think it's just this one." The others chuckle as the pair of golden eyes close.

"Well I don't suppose it actually matters what I say. It's my word against theirs and I assume your guards don't make a habit of bothering you needlessly." She rolls her eyes, shifting her weight.

"Perhaps you're smarter than we're giving you credit for." It was the same voice as before, soft but patronising. "Yoongi. Give her some light, will you?"

The golden eyes open again, glowing even brighter as the candles in the chamber light themselves. Alyssia jumps are the sudden change, squinting to see the Seven in front of her.

"I think I prefer being blind."

It was, of course, a lie. Each one of them was unnaturally beautiful, and so startlingly human; except their eyes.

They chuckle, and she can't help but blush. She should not have said that.

"You've got a lot of guts... for a human." One said. She couldn't pretend to know who's who. She'd grown up with stories of their power and cruelty, but no human had ever met them and lived to tell about it.

"Well there's no use spending my last moments cowering in fear, is there? It's not very often a human gets to meet the infamous Seven." The sarcasm in her tone was evident. She did not mean it as a compliment, nor did she see it as an honour.

"Watch your tongue human." The temperature drops substantially as a pair of light blue eyes ignites.

"Calm yourself Namjoon." His voice remains soft, and she begins to relax slightly. As if someone flipped a switch, she remembered who exactly she was dealing with. "Since you have pleaded guilty on both accounts, it's time to decide your sentence."

"Why don't we just kill her, Jin-hyung?" The child-like voice was innocent, and the contrast between tone and words sent a chill down her spine.

"She's far too pretty for that, Tae!"

"You think every human girl is pretty Jimin."

"Yoongi-Hyung!" Jimin whines. "That's not true!"

"Will you three behave? We have company."

"Sorry, Jin-hyung."

"Sorry, Jin-hyung."

"Hmph."

Jin sighs, looking as if this were a regular occurrence. He turns to the human girl, who smirks in amusement.

"Forgive our rudeness." He says.

"Not at all. I find it quite entertaining, actually."

Yoongi scoffs, and she cant help but roll her eyes in reply.

"You think we're like this for your amusement, human."

"What crawled up your butt and died?"

The flames in the chamber flicker aggressively as the golden-eyed immortal glares down at her. Laughter breaks out from the less conservative members.

"I like her!" The glare shifts to the smiling boy next to him.

"Careful, Hobi, he'll set your hair on fire again." Hobi goes pale at Jimin's reminder, falling silent.

"You're such children." Jin almost groans, and something tells Alyssia that if she weren't there, he probably would.

"Can we get on with it?"

The other members freeze at the voice. It takes a moment, but Jin quickly comes to his senses.

"What do you propose we do then, Jungkook?"

His eyes were as black as coals, fluorescent flecks of silver writhing within. It was as if all her nightmares had come to life, and panic set in.

After a long moment, he looks away with a scoff.

"Whatever. Like I care."

With the final words, he leaves the throne room.

"Jin-hyung..."

"I know."

-§-

"That wasn't like you, Namjoon. What happened?" Namjoon looked away from his elder, brows creasing.

The five others stare at him, curious as to why he reacted so negatively to the human girl. She'd been sent to a holding cell for the time being, the boys at a loss at what to do.

"I tried to read her mind. But... it was like someone slammed a door in my face. She's not normal Hyung."

Jin looked as concerned as Namjoon, thinking over the encounter with the strange human. She isn't normal, that much was obvious. But was she dangerous?