Five | The price of Greed

- Chapter Five -
The price of Greed

-§-

Perhaps when we find ourselves wanting everything, it is because we're dangerously close to wanting nothing.

- Sylvia Plath -

-§-

Bleary eyes try to force themselves open, an accompanying groan leaving her lips as she shifts uncomfortably. Her head and neck hurt like hell, and her limbs feel like lead.

"You're finally awake."

"I knew it. I've died and gone to hell."

A soft, deep chuckle sounds from the chair beside her.

"Not quite." Her eyes have closed again, though she can hear him shift and the faint running of water beside her. "Here, drink this."

A cold hand slips underneath her neck, cradling her head slightly as he tilts her forward. Her lips naturally part as she meets the cold surface of the glass, and the liquid slips down her throat.

She's laid backwards once more, and she tries again to open her eyes.

The room was dark, only illuminated by the faint light of the moon peeking through the windows. With the poor lighting, she could only see the outline of her companion; but even then she knew who it was.

Her body began to tremble.

"Where are the others?"

"Feeding." She flinches at the blunt reply. It was hard to imaging Jin, Hoseok, or Jimin doing anythi- okay, she could imagine Jimin doing something like that. But even still, it was a startling reminder of who she was dealing with.

"And have you... fed?" She asks tentatively. He makes a sound of amusement, leaning over her and staring deep into her eyes with his own nightmarish ones.

Freezing immediately, her heart begins to race as her adrenaline kicks in. They were the eyes of a predator.

His face can be clearly seen in the darkness now, silver flecked eyes shining brighter the closer he gets. She can feel his breath on her lips, and just when she thinks he's going to kiss her fully, his head dips to plant a kiss on her jaw instead.

Her blood freezes in her veins as he trails kisses along her jawline and down to her neck. He places one final kiss before speaking, directly on her jugular.

"It's funny you should ask that..."

The tips of his fangs graze her neck, throwing her into overdrive. She begins to writhe as she panics, only now noticing that he's pinned her wrists to her side. Tears begin to fall from her eyes as she struggles to breathe.

The weight removes itself, Jungkook disappearing, leaving her lying there alone in the darkness.

-§-

"How's the human?" Hoseok comes bounding through the door with a beaming smile on his face, though that quickly falls at the sight of her tear stained face. "Hey, hey, hey, what's wrong?"