Six | Teardrops on Roses

- Chapter Six -
Teardrops on Roses

—§—

There will always be a reason
why you meet people.
Either you need to change your life,
or you're the one
that will change theirs.

- Unknown -

—§—

Things had quietened down since the incident a few weeks ago, and the boys were more protective of Alyssia than ever.

Well, some of them.

She was still avoiding Jungkook like the plague, and had no desire to do otherwise. He hadn't turned up to any of the meals (which she was more than thankful for), but it had the others worried. She, for one, couldn't care less.

The sun had just begun to set, the shadows slowly creeping from her window as night begins to fall. Jimin's rose still stands in a vase, the low light contorting it's shadow into something almost grotesque and unrecognisable. As the light finally dies, she hears a light knock on the door.

Placing her book on the nightstand, she rises to answer. Cracking the door open slightly, she peeks through, being met with a dimpled- but nervous- smile.

"May I come in?"

Nodding curtly, she steps asides and allows the blue-eyed vampire in. She shuts the door behind him and they both fall into an uncomfortable silence.

Namjoon clears his throat.

"Uh... I was wondering if perhaps I could talk to you a moment?"

Alyssia regards him sceptically, gesturing to the bed nonetheless. They both take a seat, and Namjoon turns serious.

"About Jungkook-"

"I don't want to hear it." She says. Namjoon doesn't look offended, in fact he acted if such a response was expected.

"Very well." He pauses. "As a heads up, we are holding a masquerade ball next week. You aren't required to attend, but are more than welcome if you wish to."

For the first time since his arrival, Alyssia smiles, nodding her agreement. The ice user smiles in reply, staring at her for a moment too long.

"I-Is there anything else?"

Namjoon has turned solemn, seeming to weigh something in his mind.

"I'm sorry for how I've been treating you."

Alyssia gives him a look of mild disbelief.

"I've been very suspicious of you when you've done nothing to deserve it, and for that I apologise. Forgive me?"

She tenses, seeming weary, but after a moment she relaxes and smiles lightly, shaking her head. She places a gentle hand on his in reassurance.

"That's not something you need to ask forgiveness for."

There's a pause as she removes her hand and places it back into her own lap.

You should see me in a crownOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara