Seven | Nocturnal Serenade

- Chapter Seven -
Nocturnal Serenade

§—

Light is easy to love,
Show me your darkness.

- R. Queen -

—§—

The ball is in full swing, the live orchestra performing their third piece of the night. Nobody has- as of yet- taken to the dance floor, opting instead to socialise.

The Seven have yet to make their appearance, servants taking a final moment to correct their attire. Amidst the commotion, Alyssia goes almost unnoticed.

She watches on as the boys- minus an absent Jungkook- bask in the attention, seeming to enjoy being pampered.

Rich pricks.

Having grown up with little to nothing, this was almost too much. It had been just over a month ago she was sent to trial, but it felt like a lifetime ago. Never would she have thought she'd enjoy her time here as much as she has, or gotten as close to the boys as she is.

"You okay, beautiful?" Jimin stands, clad in suit and tie, looking at her with a fanged smirk. In his outstretched hand, a singular white rose.

His white rose.

Alyssia smiles and moves to take the offering, her hand being met instead with Jimin's free one. Continuing to hold her hand, he moves the rose to her ear, and places it in her hair.

"There." He brings the back of her hand up to his lips, placing a feather-light kiss. She flushes as he winks and moves to join the others.

The heat in her cheeks refuses to die down, even when a smirking Taehyung moves towards her, mask in hand.

"And for the final touch..."

He raises the accessory, delicately holding it up to her eyes. She adjusts it slightly, holding it in place as she turns to give him access. He ties the ribbon at the back of her head, and tucks it underneath her hairstyle.

She turns to face him again, opening her eyes which now shine even brighter with the contrast of the mask.

His smirk turns into a genuine smile at the sight.

"Perfect."

—§—

Six of the Seven remaining council members walk elegantly down the staircase, Alyssia front and centre on Jin's arm. As they reach the bottom, she lets out a breath she didn't know she was holding.

Now, she just had to survive the rest of the night without falling flat on her face.

Easier said than done.

The boys began to do their rounds, conversing with various bibles from around the kingdom. Alyssia just remains silent and fades into the background.

"I always think these functions are such a bore, don't you?"

It takes a moment for Alyssia to realise she's being spoken to, and when she does she's startled to find a vampiress standing right beside her.