Four | Blood in the Water

- Chapter Four -
Blood in the Water

-§-

Fear has a large shadow,
But he himself is small.

- Ruth Gendler -

-§-

"So you're saying that it was a targeted attack?"

"Precisely. Whoever it was knew what they were doing. And they've done it before."

"But hyung, What do you mean?"

-§-

Jin sighs deeply as he flops onto the couch, taking care to check that a certain golden-eyed vampire had not already taken it.

"Long day?" Alyssia walks towards him, smiling warmly. He smiles in return, closing his eyes.

"You have no idea."

She takes a seat opposite him, placing her glass down on the table and opening the book in her hand; both were content to enjoy each other's company in blissful quiet.

"Damn it Jimin you little shit! Get your ass back here!"

"But Hyung! You look better like that!" Jimin appears in the room, grabbing a bored-looking Jin and holding him in front of him. Over the other side of the room, Yoongi appears, glaring at the younger.

"How the hell does shaving my eyebrows off make me look better!?" Now that he mentioned it, Alyssia was able to pinpoint what didn't look quite right.

Yoongi has no eyebrows.

She quickly bites her lip, not wanting to laugh at his expense, but the whole scene was just so funny.

"Will you two behave?" Jin gestures to her glass of water, eyes glowing aqua. The water comes to life, flowing through the air and towards the enraged man in synchronisation with Jin's movement.

The water rests where Yoongi's eyebrows should be, glowing faintly before returning to the glass. Alyssia's mouth drops at the sight of two perfect eyebrows on Yoongi's face, and she looks to Jin in shock.

"I wouldn't drink that if I were you."

He just gives her an amused look, as if something like this was perfectly normal. She just continues to stare, slack-jawed.

"Hey, Jin-hyung," Jimin says, poking her cheek "I think you broke her."

"I'm gonna kill you."

Jimin lets out a squeak at Yoongi's threat, seeming to vanish into thin air. Not a moment later, Yoongi disappears too.

Alyssia stutters incoherently, words not seeming to form. Jin only chuckles.

"I believe Jimin explained our having abilities, yes?"

She nods, taking a moment to form her sentence.

"He said you each have an element. His is earth."

"Correct. As you have just seen, mine is water. However, pure-blooded vampires also have a secondary ability. In my case, it is that of healing."