Peter Parker

Percy came back holding a baby girl, a backpack, and a duffle bag. Ms. Romanoff stood behind him for a moment before grabbing one of the quesidias Mr. Rogers had cooked up in their absence. Percy made no move to grab food. Instead, he dug through the duffle bag and started making some formula for his sister.

"Kid, eat your lunch. I can take it from here," Mr. Rogers offered.

Percy shook his head. "I'm not hungry, I can do it. Thanks, though," he mumbled. Mr. Rogers shot his back a strange look before shrugging and sitting down. He gave the happy baby her lunch, smiling at her the entire time.

"What's her name?" I asked.

"Estelle Blofis," came the reply.

"I thought your last name is Jackson? And your stepdad's was Ugliano?" I asked.

"Gabe Ugliano is missing presumed dead. My mom remarried an English teacher named Paul Blofis after they met in college. She went back to become an author," he explained softly.

"Sorry about Gabe," Wanda commented.

Percy seemed to visibly stiffen. "Don't be. Smelly Gabe doesn't deserve any pity."

The temperature in the room seemed to drop as everyone looked around, one question swirling through our minds: What?

Dr. Bruce cleared his throat. "Are you finished with Estelle? We need to go ahead with that checkup now."

"You sure I have to do this?" Percy groaned as he picked uo Estellle who was finishing up her bottle.

"Yeah, it's standard procedure," Dr. Bruce replied warily. Percy just sighed.

"Lead the way, Doc," he said after a moment, resigning himself. Everyone seemed to come to an agreement and we all stood. And started walking to the tower's medical center. I walked in step with Percy until we reached the elevator. He just stopped. "What floor is it on?"

"It's just the floor above us," Mr. Stark answered. "C'mon."

"I think I'll take the stairs," Percy breathed. I was shocked. What did he have against elevators?

"I'll come with you," I decided with a smile. Percy started walking in the direction of the stairs. I shrugged at the team before following him. We arrived in a matter of minutes. Dr. Bruce checked Percy's reflexes, his eye sight, his mouth, and his hearing before the first problem arouse. Percy didn't want to take off his jacket for the blood pressure portion.

"Look. I'm fine. Perfectly healthy. What does blood pressure matter anyways?" Percy muttered, seeming rather skittish.

"Look, Percy, you know I have to."

"Can't you do it with the jacket on?"

"No, that messes with the results."

"Please?" he pouted.

Dr. Bruce ran a stressed hand down his face. "Just take it off." When Percy didn't move, he tried to take the jacket off himself. Percy twisted his arm back and bolted, leaving his sister sitting where he had been a moment prior. The look in his eyes was terrified. Like we were all better off not knowing what his bare arms looked like. Dr. Bruce shared a concerned look with the rest of the group. "I was never good with kids," he mumbled under his breath, practically wincing at his own actions. "JARVIS? Do you mind telling Percy we can forego the blood pressure until he's more comfortable?"

"Certainly."

A few moments later, a tense Percy Jackson walked back through the door. He gave Dr. Bruce a wary side-eye. "This isn't some sort of trick? You're not going to lull me in here only to ambush and take the jacket?"

Dr. Bruce blinked. "Percy, we aren't monsters."

"Jury's still out," came Percy just softly enough that I was sure only I could hear.

Dr. Bruce plowed on. "A couple people may have privacy issues, but that's crossing a line."

Percy scanned the room one last time before returning to his earlier spot. He crossed his arms and did a great job of looking like this was the last place he wanted to be - probably because it was. "Okay then. What else do you need?"

"I just have a few questions for you and then you can go," Dr. Bruce gulped as he grabbed his clipboard. "Have you been diagnosed with anything?"

"ADHD and dyslexia."

"Poison?"

"Yeah, I don't know what types."

"How many times?"

Percy looked down and seemed to start counting on his fingers. He got past twenty and shrugged. "A lot."

If it was possible to get any paler, I did.

"Broken bones?"

"Probably just about every bone in my body two or three times," Percy deadpanned. "That all?" Dr. Bruce nodded. Percy stood and took Estelle back, leaving us in a stunned silence.

What happened to Percy Jackson?

"That was..." Mr. Barton trailed off, staring at where Percy had disappeared through the door.

"Concerning," Ms. Romanoff finished. "Reminds me of myself a bit, actually."

"Think he got mixed up in something he shouldn't have?" Mr. Stark asked, concerned. "Should someone call the pirate?"

"No, not yet," Ms. Romanoff decided. "It could easily be the result of something else."

"Or someone else," I added quietly. All eyes turned to me, so I ducked my head a little bit. "Sally always seemed nice, but his, uh..." I trailed off, unable to finish vocalizing the thought. Hey, it wasn't everyday that you found out that your childhood classmate may have been, well, y'know.

I sighed and shook my head, giving up my attempt to share the thought. Despite it being incomplete, I think everyone understood what I was getting at. Standing, I left the room. Percy was obviously hurting, and I knew he needed help. But, how?