Wanda Maximoff

I don't know how or why he did it, but Percy managed to sneak up on a room full of superheroes.

I didn't know much about being a master assassin, but I'm pretty sure Clint and Natasha should have known he was there somehow. Instead, shock adorned both of their faces, if just for a second.

"Percy!" Tony yelped.

The boy with sea green eyes smirked even bigger, if that was possible. His muscled arms were crossed on his chest and he leaned on the door frame. "That's my name, don't wear it out."

"What did you hear just now?" Natasha asked, narrowing her eyes.

"Just Stark going on about how I'd be groveling at your feet," Percy shrugged. "Why? Were you talking about me?" He feigned an insulted look. "You know it's rude to talk about someone behind their back!"

We all laughed and felt the tension gradually lift from the air.

"I guess I'll go talk to Fury now," Natasha said, exiting the room quickly.

Percy sent a puzzled glance after her. "Talk to Fury about what?"

"Progress report," Peter lied quickly. I dimly wondered how often he had to lie to keep his identity secret. "Almost every month, Ms. Romanoff has to have a chat with Fury about how we're doing."

Percy nodded. "So, what do you guys want to do?"

Tony checked his watch. "I think it's time to order dinner."

"Doesn't anyone ever cook?" Percy asked with a raised eyebrow.

"No," I responded. "The kitchen is stocked, but no one ever feels like it."

"I'll cook you guys dinner then," Percy announced. I almost choked on the air I was breathing. Percy could cook? He sent a glare at the team. "Yes, I can cook. I can see as clear as day that you're surprised. I can bake as well, so get over yourselves and prepare to feast tonight. I'll have Jarvis send for you when I'm all done."

"I can help," I offered standing up. Percy smiled and we started off to the kitchen.

"You're not gonna try and distract me so you can look into my memories, are you?" Percy asked suspiciously while we walked.

I rubbed the back of my neck. Boy had we gotten of on the wrong foot. "No, sorry about that. I was just-"

"Following orders? I get it," he sighed. His shoulders slouched and his head hung low. He exhaled a shaky breath before picking his posture back up with a smile. It looked genuine, like he might actually be happy, but I was starting to realize that the smile was faux.

"So, where'd you learn to cook?"

"At home. My mom made it a point that I knew how to make myself a meal. I've done a lot of... camping, so it's really come in handy over the years," he explained. "I learned how to bake because my mom used to work at this candy store, Sweet on America, so we were never at a loss for ingredients when it came to making goodies."

"I just suppose we'll have to bake a dessert as well," I decided.

Percy chuckled. "Yeah, I guess we will."

We spent the next half hour preparing meatball subs, fried potatoe slices, and cheesecake brownies. I don't know what went wrong while we were ar it, but they all turned out blue.

"Jarvis, tell everyone it's dinner time!" Percy hollered as he set everything out on the table.

"Okay, Mr. Jackson."

"We can't serve them this!" I hissed. He sent me a quizzical look so I decided to spell it out for him. "It's all blue!"

He smiled and chuckled a little. He sent me a sheepish look as he rubbed the back of his neck. "I know, it's a bit of a family tradition at my house. I snuck in some blue food coloring when you weren't looking."

I let out a pent up sigh of relief. "And here I thought we were about to poison the team."

"Team?" he asked.

I paled. He didn't know we were a team of superheroes yet! "Ah! Y'know? Us teachers are like a team, teaching you students!" I lied. I could tell he knew I lied. I could also tell he knew that I knew that he knew that I lied.

"You're lying and we both know it," he groaned.

I facepalmed. "There. Our secret is out. We're also a team of soccer players."

"I would say, 'nice save', but I still know you're lying," Percy chuckled. "Oh, well. I won't push it. Although I am a little curious about how you got the ability to watch my memories?"

"Maybe some other time. The government finds it useful, and that's all that really matters about it right now," I shrugged. That's when Peter and Tony came sprinting in.

"Why's it blue?" Tony asked suddenly.

"That's how food coloring works," Percy retorted. "See, it would be red if I put in red coloring."

"Okay, I know why it's blue, but I'm not sure why you made it this way?" Tony rephrased, glaring at the raven haired teenager beside me.

Percy just grinned before letting out a yawn. "I haven't been sleeping well, I'm gonna turn in early."

After he left I asked Jarvis to inform me if and when he actually fell asleep.

Soon, the rest of the team had arrived and we all dug in. "Percy's a good cook," Clint commented.

"Hello?" I moaned. "I helped, too!"

"You're a good cook," Clint deadpanned. I wasn't entirely sure if he was being sarcastic or genuine, so I flashed him a smile that could have either been thankful or snarky.

Natasha started up the conversation. "Fury is good with telling him who we really are and our true intentions. Thor is gonna come tomorrow and he'll be bringing a guest."

"Did he say who?" Steve asked.

"Nope," Natasha grumbled. I could tell she wasn't exactly fond of being left in the dark, even if it revolved around a trivial matter such as Thor's plus one.

"Percy Jackson seems to have fallen asleep," Jarvis notified me.

"Should I still try for his memories?" I asked Bruce.

"Let me think about it. I'll tell you after we finish eating," Bruce said after a moment.

Not a moment later we heard an ear piercing scream echo throughout the tower.