chapter 13

"Girlfriend? Babe, are you serious right now?"

******

Gia

"Yes, I am and this is my girlfriend, Gia Florence." He said and entwined our fingers. I feel butterfly in my stomach and my legs turn to jelly now. "I think you're the one who should leave because my girlfriend and I are having lunch now." He said showing the food I bought for him.

"Wait hold on, I know this is not true at all. I know you're lying to me, Lucas. I know what your type is and she's totally not your type." I was taken back when she said I'm not even Lucas's type. What did she means that I am not his type? I'm pretty, smart and I even handle a company! 

"Then what's my type? You? I used to like that but I don't think I am now. You should leave or I will call security." He said and our hands still entwined. I think today is my lucky day.

"I'm not going anywhere. Not at all." Elizabeth said and take a seat. I scoff at her and she just glares at me. 

"Then, you stay. Let's go, Gia." I am shocked when he finally calls me by my name, not my last name. He drags me to the elevator and we both get in. He let go of his hand immediately and I feel my hand so cold right now missing the warmth of his hand. "You should go back to your office too. I have somewhere else to go." He said.

"Hold on, I just want to know what is your answer?" I ask.

"Really?" 

"Of course."

"Fine, I will go with you." He said and I clap my hand excitedly but then I remember the day he lied to me and left me alone at the restaurant.

"Promise me you will come and this time please don't lie to me like you did last time."

"I won't,"

"Promise?"

"Hm," He walks to his car and I stop him before he could open the door of his car. "I promise, Gia. Now, will you let me go? I want to be alone." He said and I move aside.

"Thank you, Lucas," I said and he drives away.

*******

Lucas

Mad? Yes.

Heartbreak? Yes.

Betrayed? Yes.

Annoyed? Yes.

My emotions are mix up right now, I don't know what to do. I drive as far as I could hoping all this will go away from me. I can believe she decided to show up at my office and called me her fiancee as nothing happened. I trust her so much but she broke it all my trust just like that. After a few minutes of driving, I finally stop my car somewhere I don't even know but this place will do for now. All the memories with Elizabeth's are in my mind now and how she broke my heart.

Flashback...

3 years ago

"I have something for you, Eli. Close your eyes." I said to Elizabeth and she does what I said. "I know you will love this surprise." I put my hands to her eyes and help her walk to the place that I've been prepared for a while.

"I am nervous. Where are you taking me?" She asks.

"Don't be, baby. We're almost there, just a few more steps and ... we're here." I remove my hand and let her open her eyes. "What do you think? You like it?"