chapter 14

Joseph

Elizabeth keeps appearing in my mind and even in my sleep. I never loved a woman like I used to love her and also, she is my first love, so I really put all my heart in that 'relationship'.

 I still wonder what if I didn't track her phone and went there?

I guess I will be the stupidest man in this world because I fall into the trap that she and her husband made. Like is that even legal? I think it's not legal and they will get caught if I report them but I am not that evil and I don't want their son to grow up with parents who used to be in jail. I sigh and shake all the thoughts from my head.

I get ready for work and today I will keep myself busy so that I won't think about her anymore. It's been a few years since that night and I moved on already but after saw her again yesterday, I don't know why I act like I still have feelings for her. 

*****

"Lucas," I turn around when I heard my name being called by someone and then I froze when I see Elizabeth standing in front of me right now. "I want to talk to you, please." 

"I'm busy, go away." I walk to the elevator ignoring her.

"Lucas, Lucas, please I want to talk to you. I-"

"No one calls me by my first name in this building," I said.

"I'm sorry but can we please talk only for a few minutes."I sigh and agree with it. 

"Talk then," 

"Not here," She said and look around and my stuff basically staring at both of us. We make our way to the cafe beside my company. 

"You only have fifteen minutes to talk about whatever you want," I said after I take a seat.

"Look, Lucas, I know you still hate me for what I did to you but you know, I never want all that to happen. Yes, I admit that at first I really want you for money but after you proposed me, I feel my heart start to develop feeling for you and it's real. I told Ben about my feeling towards you but he said it's fine because it will make his plan successful and of course he will get what he wants, money. I bought a house, not for Ben but it's for Mark, my son. He is the only reason why I did all this. I need money to give him food and shelter. For your information, Ben is not a loving husband. He becomes abusive after a few months I gave birth to my son. I need to get married to him because my parents want it. I used to be so happy with him but not anymore." She stops for a while and I just stay quiet. "I was forced to find a job to give him money and that's why I apply to become a model. He stops hitting me after I give him the money and until that night he becomes his old self which is loving Ben but after you left me, he changed again and become more worst. He started drinking and drugs." She looks at me and I just realize that she is crying.

"He still hitting you now?" I found myself asking her. I can't believe she's going through such hardship in her life.

"No, he's dead last year because of overdose." She said and I feel relieved when she said that. "I want us to build our new life, Lucas. This time, no more secret and let's just live as we used too." She said as if easy for me to forget all of it. 

"I don't think I can live like before with you again. I don't have a feeling for you anymore. Just go live with your son." I said.

"It is because of your new girlfriend?" Girlfriend. I look at her when she mentions 'girlfriend'. "She won't make you happy like I did, Lucas."

"How do you know I'm not happy with her? You don't even know her. I love her and you better stay away from us." I said.

"How long you guys been together?"

"Long enough to make me forget about you. Your fifteen minutes are up." I said and walk away. 

"Lucas wait, I-"

"Don't you think you just wasting your time to beg for me to be with you again? What do you want from me this time? Money again?" 

"No, Lucas I still love you."

"We can befriend but not a lover. That's all I can give to you." I said.

"Bu-" She stopped her sentence and it is because she sees Gia with her dad walking in my company. "She is really clingy, she even comes to see you when it's still working hour."

"No worries, she's my girlfriend, it's okay fo her to be clingy. You should leave." I walk a bit faster because I have a meeting with Florence.

*****

Gia

I can't believe he actually late for work today. He's never late and this is the first time he ever late and I wonder why.

should I ask? No! I'm not like that.

I keep looking at him during the meeting and something in his eyes saying that he's not okay but I don't want to interfere in his business. I can't help myself but keep thinking about what is wrong with him. 

Oh! maybe it's because of his ex-fiancee. That must be it.

*****

At home

"Hey there, Gia." It's Niall. He's finally home after his marriage. 

"Should I ask you what are you doing here?" I ask.

"Woah, a new way to say that you actually miss me?" 

"EW! who misses you? Oh, maybe Brandon and Grayson miss you." I said and they both look at me, and Niall.

"Are you guys bad mouth us or what?" 

"I'm going to my room. I'll see you later." I get up from the couch to go to my room. Then, Brandon and Grayson stop me. "Is there anything you want to say?" I ask.

 "Let's go out tonight." They said in unison.

"Huh? Where?"

"Let get a taco. I'm hungry." Brandon said.

"We just have our dinner like a few minutes ago and now you want to eat again? Is that even a stomach?"

"Pleaseeeee..." I don't even know who is younger right now because they act like little kids. "Okay, we treat you, your favorite drink. Deal?"

"Fine, Let's go," I said and three of them cheer like kids who finally got to leave the house after a year.

________________________________________________________________________________

How's chapter 14?

I hope you guys like it.

don't forget to

vote

comment

share

******

much love from me

little munchkins