Chapter 30

Lucas

I can't sleep and I don't know why. I keep adjust my posture to get comfortable but I don't feel sleepy at all. I tried to close my eyes but that's doesn't work. I am now laying on the bed while looking at the ceiling. I let out a sigh and look outside the window, it's still dark. I am sure I will regret this in the morning.

Then, my mind is thinking about Gia. I don't know how to not thinking about her and I don't think I'm able to forget about her. I never feel like this towards Elizabeth when me and her in a relationship. She never is in my mind until I can't sleep like this. Gia gives me a new feeling that I never felt before. The thing is, she hates me and doesn't even want to look at me in the eyes. I already know the truth that she didn't cheat on me and that pictures, is her and her brother, Grayson. I can't believe I fall for this. I want to make it up with her but she seems to don't want it. I close my eyes and once again to sleep but failed.

Just then, my phone ringing, I roll over and take my phone. I can't believe Gia is actually calling me after quite some time but the thing is, why is she calling me at this time?

I answer it and all I heard is like someone crying. "Gia? What's wrong?" I ask and she still didn't answer my question. I feel something is wrong now. "Gia, answer me what happened? why are you crying?" I ask and now, I already walk to my walk-in closet to change my clothes to go and meet her. I can't let her cry like this.

Is she hurt?

My heart is beating so fast when the thought of her hurt. I put the call on speaker while I change my clothes and after I'm done, I put it back on normal and put it to my ear. "Hello, Gia, please tell me you're okay. Where are you?" She still didn't answer me and keep crying. I walk out of my room and grab my car keys when I heard her voice.

"I need you," All she said and crying again.

"Where are you right now?" I am now in the car and ready to go to her. She needs me and I need to be there for her. I can't let her be like that all alone.

"Hospital," She replies.

"Wait there, I will go to you now," I start the car and drive to the hospital. It's a relief that it doesn't have many cars, so I can speed up to be there. I didn't end the call and Gia is still there. I can hear crying and I know she is hurting so much now. Why is she crying?

The same question keep running through my mind. She's at the hospital at this time and crying-

Then my eyes go wide when I think about her mother. Is something happen with her mom?

I finally arrived at the hospital and quickly get out of the car then lock it before rushing inside the building. I waited for lift to open and then press the button. I feel this lift is super slow right now. After the door opens, I run out and see Gia is on the floor crying her heart out. "Gia!" I said running toward her and when she sees me, she gets up from the floor and hugs me. I hug her and try to comfort her but all she did is crying loudly. I was so confused about what is happening. I look behind her and see her brothers come out from the room where her mother located. I look at them and they all look sad too.

Jack sees me and walks towards where I and Gia standing. He looks at Gia who is crying in my arms and then look at me. "What's happening?" I ask him.

"She's gone, Lucas. She's gone forever, leave us." He said and I hug Gia more tightly when I know about it. I can't believe this. Her mom is dead. I kiss on top of Gia's head and pat her back. I never saw her crying like this and I know this will give a big impact on her life. It's not easy for someone to handle all of this. I need to be here with her and I won't leave her side ever again.

*****

Gia

She's gone.

My mom is gone forever from my life.

I won't meet her again. I can't hug her again. I can't kiss her again. I can't talk to her again. I won't be able to cry on her shoulder ever again when I'm sad. I'm all alone now. My mom is dead. I am now at the hospital and when I see the doctor already take out the tube and wire from her body makes me cry. She's really gone. I run towards her and hug her. "Mom! wake up, please don't leave me! I love you and I want you to be with me. Please don't leave me! Please wake up!" I said while crying but it's no use because she won't open her eyes again. I cried so hard.

"Gia, you can't be like this," Jack said and I shake my head.

"No! No! I want my mom back! I need her, please bring her back to me!" I said. "Please bring her back now," I don't have any strength anymore. I run out of the room because I couldn't stand to see my mom laying on that bed like that. I sit on the floor and cry my heart out. Then, I take out my phone from my pocket and call Lucas. I don't care about our relationship right now. I just need him and that's all I want.

"Gia? What's wrong?" He asks and I couldn't talk even a word right now. I can't stop myself from crying and I think he heard that too. "Gia, answer me what happened? why are you crying?" He asks again.

After I let him know where am I, he said that he will be here soon. I waited for him and I didn't even end the call. I just let it be. A few minutes later, he finally here. "Gia!" I look up and see him running towards me. I get up and hug him right away. He didn't say a word and wrap his arms around me. I cry so hard and I don't care if my face looks terrible.

I finally come back to my sense and look at my dad who is looking so sad about what just happened. I can't believe what our life will be without my mom. It will be so different. The doctor said something to Niall and Jack and I know it must about mom. They need to take care of mom's funeral now. Lucas is still here and sitting next to me. "I'm sorry," I said to him.

"You don't need to apologize. I will be here with you. I'm not going to leave you," He said and kiss the side of my head.

"I need you, not even now but forever, don't leave me again," I said and I know it's impossible because he is now with someone else already.

"I won't leave you. Don't worry," He said and I just nod my head.

________________________________________________________________________________

Does someone need a tissue?

don't forget to vote and leave a comment.

*****

much love from me

little munchkins