CHAPTER 7

_________________________________________

After so much of assurance and request~ haruhi relented on letting shikaku-san escorting her to her red light district apartment.

It was utterly awkward for shikaku. He never felt at loss of words before but when with this troublesome woman, everything that he planned had just tossed away carelessly from his brain.

He knows that he has a sharp and has a calculative mind but the thought of using his mind on the petite woman make him flinch slightly.

Beside, Haruhi didn't do anything that made him using his destructive mind. Its just....he was curious. Ever since Yoshino gave birth to shikamaru, she never get attached too him or his son. She just leave literally just like the contract says.

Of course shikaku didn't hope anything. Its just like a one night stand but more related into marriage. He shrug mentally. Shikaku carefully and cautiously ask her a friendly question.

"How's your day?" Shit. Stupid. Stupid
He mentally smack himself . Great. What a stupid question. He berate himself mentally

She snort. "My day had been defeating ninjas in a bbq restaurant with three clan heads. Its a pretty bright day!"  She mock good naturely laughing slightly at the absurd day she had

He smirks

The woman was good making the atmosphere more lively

"What about you?" She ask with a hint of humor

He laugh lightly

"To think you're such a defenseless woman"  He shook his head

"Oi! Are you mocking me?" She growl but then laugh "I've been practicing different martial arts through out the years. And~ Luckily I master them all." She brag towards the Nara smugly

"Troublesome"

"Where's your apartment again?" He ask

"At the red light district" she said frowning
"Ahh~ Its near where the shinobi lives, just be careful, there's brothel there that's why its called the red light district, its not that bad. Its just called red light district because civilians didn't like shinobi lives near us" he explain.

"Oh.. that's not......nice" she said carefully

He shrugged

They Walked to her apartment in a comfortable silence until shikaku stop when they arrive at the building of theapartment.

"What is it?" Haruhi asked "troublesome, its nothing" He said. 'her apartment is near hatake's apartment'

He sigh quietly before urging her to go to her apartment. "Thanks for escorting me" she ducked her head in a shy way

He nod before going to the other way. He was so tired and confuse. Why did he agree on escorting her again? Why did he just leave like he was in a hurry? Goddammit! I'm too old for this shit! Troublesome.

Shikamaru should be back from his playdate any minute now.

He stretched his arm and trudging lazily at his compound. He sigh.

Meanwhile......

Haruhi was surprised by the incident! Well not incident. Umm how do you rephrase this? Talk? Err friendly speaking? Information gathering? She was confuse but happy nonetheless.

She was so proud that she manage to lighten up the awkward atmosphere. She found that nara shikaku is a lazy man.

But..she quiet like it. She blush at that thought and slap her cheeks. Snap out of it he must have a family. Besides compare to her and Yoshino, Yoshino is a quiet cheerful woman and very beautiful