Chapter 2: Mates

Emma POV

I'm warm and really comfortable.
An amazing aroma of citrus fills my lungs. I leaned closer to the scent to land my face onto someone's warm skin. I opened my eyes and leaned my head back to see I had been asleep on a boy. He looked at me and smiles, making my cheeks feel warm he has grey blue eyes and dark brown hair that looks soft. I reach my hand up and raked my fingers through his hair to see if it was really as soft as it looked. I'm glad he doesn't push me away he just let my hands play with his hair. Which was actually really soft.

"What's you're name?" I asked him as I continued to play with his hair twirling it through my fingers.

"I'm Ryan. What's your name?" He asked me he sounded like a big kid his voice was deeper than kids my age and he also looked older than me. I would have been scared but for some odd reason I didn't instead I felt safe and wanted.

"I'm Emmeline Rose Johnson. You can call me Emma." I say introducing myself. His eyes lit with amusement as his smile grew more.

"You're mine" he whispered in my ear. I giggled as his breath tickled my ear. I leaned in closer to once again laying my head on his chest. I realized that I wouldn't mind being his so I nodded in reply. When I looked around the room I've never seen before. I began feeling a little nervous.

"Where's my daddy?" I ask concerned Ryan looked at me with confusion. I've never been away from my father for long after mommy died. I start feeling flustered and worried my breathing increases and tears start to leave my eyes.

"What's wrong? What do you need? I'll help you find him pleas don't cry" Ryan says to me his eyes are full of concern he looks worried.

"Daddy!" I call out jumping up from the boy's lap. My father runs in at that moment lifting me up I instantly wrap my arms around him breathing in his woodsy scent he didn't smell as good as Ryan but it comforted me to know he was their. When I look up I see two other people in the room other than us and Ryan. Dad sets me down onto the floor. I look up to see a man who looks kinda like Ryan but scary and old. Next to him is a pretty lady she has blonde hair like me but hers is dark and short. She smiles at me and waves.

"Hello dear. I'm Luna Audrey. But you can just call me Audrey okay sweet pea." She said sweetly. I like her she's nice and pretty like my momma was.

" Hello. I'm Emmeline Rose Johnson." I saw with a curtsy as I introduce myself.

The scary man turns to me and smiles which makes him look a little nicer but he's still scary. I then feel arms wrap around me and all I smell is oranges and all I feel is a tingling sensation erupt around my body. I feel calm and comfortable in Ryan's arms as he comforts me.

" I'm Alpha William. I see you've met my son Ryan." The man says smiling at me. Ryan's arms tighten around me as his father speaks.

"It's nice to meet you Alpha" I say softly. Leaning back into Ryan more than I was before. The Luna and Alpha show us to our rooms. My room is bigger than the one I had at the old pack house it's walls are painted a light purple with a pretty white bedspread. The room is beautiful. Ryan's hand encases mine as he shows me around my room. We ended up laying on my bed playing The Incredibles on the television which was across the room mounted on the wall. I curled up into Ryan's side his arms were wrapped around me sending tingles through my arms. I'd never felt anything like it before but I knew instantly that Ryan was someone who was going to be important to me.

We began talking in the middle of the movie. Ryan had asked me how old I was and I told him eight. I had found out that Ryan was twelve which meant he was a year ahead of me in school. When I told him we'd be going to school together his face lit up he seemed so happy that we'd be together when we went to school Monday. As we continue to watch the movie I felt myself drifting off to sleep in his arms.