Chapter 11: Why?

Emma POV

I followed Alyssa to the group of girls. They all sat in a circle in total their was six of us. Bella sat across from me and Alyssa sat next to me. I recognized all the girls from other classes. Their was Jennifer, Rachel, and Amanda. The all gave us a friendly smile as we sat down. Bella told the rules of the game. All in all it seems fairly simple. I just hoped that they played nicely.

"Bella you get to choose first sense it's your party." Amanda said. We all nodded in agreement.

"Okay. Alyssa truth or dare?" Bella asked. Alyssa smiles at the question and answered immediately.

"Truth." She stated clearly.

"Who do you like? Bella asks pure curiosity how written on her face.

"Oh I kinda like Sam." Alyssa whispered. It was loud enough that all the girls could hear. They all gasped in response.

"Okay Alyssa it's your turn." Bella cheered.

"Emma. Truth or dare?" Alyssa asked. All the girls turned to me for an answer. I didn't know what to say.

"Truth?" I answered more as a question that an answer.

"Why does Ryan really like you?" Alyssa asked. She had a mean but curious look planted on her face. Bella also had a mean little smirk on her face. Amanda on the other hand seemed just as blindsided as me when it came to the question. Jennifer and Rachel didn't seem surprised but still had a bit of pity show in their features.

"I don't know. We can ask him if you'd like." I remark. Before they could even say no I call over my love. Ryan's by my side in an instant. All of them have fear shining through there eyes.

"Ryan. Why do you love me?" I ask smiling up at him. That's right I said love not like.

"Hmm that's gonna take awhile to answer. I love you're smile, your laugh, how smart you are, how beautiful you are, how short you are, that we both like the same movies and how perfect your hand fe..."he's in the middle of his ramble when I cut him off.

"Thanks babe, I think we got the gist. I love you." I say smiling at him. He just nods his head and walks back to the boys.

"You should leave." Bella says in a stern voice.

"Okay." I whisper. I've never been played like that in my life. I can't believe I thought for one second that I could actually make a girl friend(s) in this town. I nodded my head and walked away towards Ryan. I gave him a meek smile and he grabbed my waist and walk with me out of the house.

I cried. I hadn't cried that hard since my mother passed away. I just wanted a friend other than some boy I only know because of Ryan. I wanted a best friend a girl best friend. Like Rachel and Monica.

Ryan holds my hand the entire drive and when the car pulls to a stop I find ourselves at the ice cream shop. I sit in my self pity as Ryan buys us ice cream. We sit in silence and eat and once we're finished he drives us home.

The last thing I remember were eyes getting heavy before they closed.

Ryan POV

I wish I could just help her and hold her all the time. I heard what those girls said. It hurt that I could sense my mates sorrow when she was told to leave. The waterworks took a turn for the worse when we got into the car. I've never seen Emma so hellbent on something. She didn't just cry she sobbed. My wolf was angry at me oh boy was he mad.

"Why does she want friends? She has us! She only needs us!" He growls.

"She also needs other people to talk to!" I yell back.

Malcolm doesn't understand that Emma is still so young and all she wants is what I already have. I have a friend Andrew. I also have the love of my life and my best friend my Emma.

When we reach our house she's fast asleep. I lift her up and carry her inside. Our parents are in the living room when I come back from laying her down in her bed.

"Emma needs to make friends." I state. My mother shows an understanding face my father looks confused and well James is giving me the death stare.

"Why do you not want to be friends with your mate?" James growls.

"I do! But Emma wants to make her own friends. The girls at the party were mean to her. I could feel her pain. She felt lonely even though I'm right next to her she seems lonely." I sigh I'm frustrated my hairs a mess and all I can think about is how I don't know how to help her with this. I got my friends from being in the pack forever.

James nods his head as my mothers face shows more worry and sympathy. My dad still looks confused.

"Maybe she should go to the all girls school. They have Saint Mary's school for the gifted across town?" James suggested.

"No!" I couldn't help but shout. I can't lose my mate how will she live without me? What if she needs me.

"If it's best for her she needs to go. Ryan she can't rely on you for everything. She's going to be our future Luna. She must be strong." My mother reply's softly.

I solemnly nod my head. If it's what's best for my love I will do it. She will do it. I know my little mates strong and I trust this will be best for her.

"Okay with that settled we will tell her at dinner." My father announced.

Emma POV

Somethings wrong. Homemade fillet mignon with potatoes and sorbet for desert. These are all my favorites why did Luna Audrey make my favorites?

"So Emma we've been talking recently about your schooling situation and we believe that you'd be more comfortable at the private school across town. It's for smart and young minds such as yours." Alpha says.

"No. I mean no thank you Alpha. I'd like to stay with my mate." I reply.

"We believe that it be best dear if you don't attend school with Ryan." My father coos.

"No I want to.." I get stopped mid sentence.

"Love. You can do this without me. I will drop you off and pick you up. If you ever need anything you know how to call me." Ryan says encouraging me to say yes.

"Why can't Ryan come?" I say softly.

"Because you need to experience this for yourself. You go to the school for the first semester on your own. Then we will exchange Ryan into the school for the second." Alpha states as if it's some big pitch.

"Okay. I'll do it." I say.

At least I think I can.

Hey you guys. Please vote or comment. I haven't edited this chapter so it may not be as correct as it should be.😂😊💖💕

XOXO- Lillian Dero