12

*・゚゚・*:

*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿✿✼:*゚:.。..。.:*・゚゚・*

I can't believe it's taken me this long, but tonight I'm going to my first One Direction concert. The boys have been on tour again for awhile, which normally I would hate, but after Harry and Taylor's messy breakup, I think a tour is the best thing to keep him distracted.

   A few weeks ago when the school year was finally wrapping up, the boys sent me a pair of front row tickets and backstage passes for their Atlanta show on June 21st. Of course that wouldn't have happened if I hadn't mentioned to them that I finally stuck up to my dad and told him I'm done spending my summers with him and Celia.

   My mom agreed that I'm old enough to start deciding whether or not I want to go, and I think my choice was the obvious one. Besides, I have Bennett now and can't imagine spending three months away from him.

   We're going to the concert together tonight, and I think he's secretly more excited than I am. Over the past eight months that we've been together, Bennett has joined my mother and I on our daily drives where we blast One Direction. At first, he tried to pretend he hated it, but I saw right through him and eventually got him to fess up. He won't admit it, but his favorite song is definitely Live While We're Young.

   As my mom pulls her car up to the venue, she makes me promise to get lots of pictures and videos for her. I promise that I will and almost feel bad for leaving her out of this, because fangirling over the boys is our thing, and she still has yet to meet them. I even told the band that Jane was coming with me, but Bennett was just really pushy about coming, so I couldn't tell him no.

   In fact, we've done practically everything together since we started dating. He's very protective over me to the point where it's borderline clingy, but the blonde boy means well. I know that. Sometimes his jealousy can get the best of him, and I'll have to talk him down, but like I said... he's just protective. At least one man in my life cares about me enough to make me his first choice.

Bennett helps me navigate through the hundreds of people piling into Philips Arena, keeping a protective arm around me as several girls sprint around us from all directions in a mad dash to get to their seats. The roar in the stadium is insane- a mix of nothing but excitement and anticipation for their favorite band. As I look around, I see daughters with their mothers, and I suddenly feel a small sting deep within my heart.

However, it is quickly forgotten when Bennett presses a reassuring kiss to the side of my head. Smiling at him, I ask, "Don't you just love concerts?"

In all honesty, I've only ever been to one when my mom took me a few years back, but the feeling is something I'll never forget. One of my favorite sounds in the world is the echo of a stadium full of people singing their favorite song back to the artist on stage who basks in it all, still shocked that even one person enjoys their music enough to learn the words.