70

*・゚゚・*:

*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿✿✼:*゚:.。..。.:*・゚゚・*

tw//violence

My fingers drum on the wooden desk in front of me while I wait anxiously for Christine Blackwood to grace me with her presence. Today is the big day. My freedom is so close I can practically reach out and feel it. I just have a few minor steps to take before I get there, but at this point, I'm willing to do whatever it takes.

Modest messed with the wrong bitch.

When the door opens, I hear loud voices from the hall outside before they quiet again when the door closes. I stand to greet Christine like the polite young lady I am, smiling as we shake hands, and I take in her bright red hair tumbling over the white suit she wears.

"Make this quick, Granger. You're taking time away from another very important meeting," the woman gripes as we both take our seats, an aggravated grimace on her red lips while I can't help but smile at her smugly. If only she knew how very important this little meeting is about to be.

Truth is, I haven't thought about much else except this very moment for the past few weeks since the Met Gala. At first, the fact that Harry moaned out Camille Rowe's name, his latest ex-girlfriend, while kissing me really stung.

Hell, discovering he fell for Taylor Swift while I couldn't decide whether I really liked him or not stung.

This was like getting shot in the foot, then the leg, then the gut, and finally being left to suffer in a pool of my own blood for a few hours until finally getting put out of my misery by a final bullet to the heart.

I should have seen it coming. Deep down I knew he was only acting on a strange need to kiss me, because of his drunk and high state, and I was the first person stupidly willing to give in.

Of course I was willing to give in.

I'm still in love with him, but he doesn't need to know that.

In fact, I'm convinced this is all the universe's sick way of terrorizing me with karma from everything I put Harry through.

Looking back, my stupid and immature little fifteen year old self knew Harry liked her but couldn't get it together until it was too late. Then, I still knew he had feelings for me despite his relationship with Taylor, but once again, I was too stubborn and righteous to address it with him like the mature young woman I claimed to be but really wasn't.

I should have taken the risk instead of locking my heart in a cage and throwing away the key, because now I'm on the other side of the situation, and it's the hardest thing I've ever had to go through.

At least Harry was strong enough to try and move on with Taylor and Kendall, but me?

I'm too emotionally screwed up for that.