| 1 |

COLD, DARK, ALONE
• ------------ •

[Third Person POV]

Running away from your problems and from being what you are is a challenge one could never succeed. But running away is what the little girl knew, it is what started in her life.

A 6 year old Raizel continued to run in a random direction through a dark forest. All in her mind is saying to keep running and to not look back no matter what. Why? You may ask, she can't remember the reasons, Raizel can't even explain why there were salty tears dripping down from her eyes, why she felt so panic and afraid?

Unanswered, nothing really made sense. Her mind remained blank from a lot of details. All that stayed there in her head are:

"Knowing her own name is Raizel"

"Run to survive"

"Not look back"

It was frustrating that Raizel could not remember anything but those few words. As of the moment she couldn't careless about the voice in her head, since Raizel was too focused in running from something that she can't understand.

Since it was dark and barely sunrise, Raizel failed to see that she was close to a downhill path, with no clear light of her direction and the tears in her way.
Suddenly Raizel tripped and tumbled downhill, the strapped Jansport bag protected her back form through the fall. Reaching down the lower ground, Raizel laid straight on her back facing the slightly yellow sky and tips of the trees surrounding her.

The blonde girl groaned in pain and heaved breaths from all the running, she didn't know how long she had been running from something. Doubts swarmed in her head if there was exactly anything that was unto her tail.

Was she running from nothing?

Another question, unanswered. She was all left crying on the forest ground for some reason, giving up from her race. Seconds feels like minutes, and minutes passed into hour.

Soft footsteps and crunching of fallen leaves sounded not too far from her. Raizel could barely lift her head to check the newcomer. A 28 year old woman wearing hiking clothes came straight to the little girl in concern.

"Dear, are you okay?" the hiker asked

Only groans and hums can be heard from Raizel, clearly weak to do anything or answer. The hiker starts to think through on what to do, trying to wait and look around if there were any signs of this little girl's parents or family around to come and get her. The hiker was only met with birds chirping and nature sounds, utterly just the forest silence.

"Where are you parents? Do you have anyone who were with you?" the hiker tried to ask again, helping the little girl sit up.

Raizel tried to open her sleepy and teary eyes as she replied through breaths and croaked voice

"Can't......remember....anyone..."

Her answer troubled the hiker, having no choice but to carry the sleeping girl to the nearest town and police station for help. Even the authorities there couldn't get any records or anything from Raizel. As if she did not existed ever and her family just disappeared into thin air or something.