|12|

CLEAR AS WATER
• ------------ •

[Raizel's POV]

Continuous stories and words had come out from Renesmee's mouth as we both were stuck in the backseat with her in the middle, Jacob and I took each sides. Edward was the one driving, Bella beside him on the passenger seat. I could barely keep up with how much she shared about the Reservation and the other places she loved there, but when she got to the people she knew in the Res, I noticed either Edward or Jacob would interfere to correct Renesmee or to slightly direct the topic elsewhere with questions like about the weather, or my stay with the other Cullen's and such.

Bella would do the same here and there in the conversation too....weird

I may not be a detective, but I can tell Jacob keeps giving me this gentle, alarmed yet concerned look trying to figure something out. Even when he's smiling and laughing genuinely around Renesmee, his eyes had already betrayed him as I delved into it. Perks of being in the library often takes you places mentally and teaches you a lot.

It was awfully weird for Edward and Jacob to do so, but I let them otherwise, and even Renesmee always surrenders to what they were trying to keep me distracted and gets back to talking again random stuff.

Time passed shortly, Edward explained that only me and Renesmee will be enjoying the stay in the Rez while him and Bella will be going on a date, they advised us to stay close to Jacob. I mock a salute in response, letting Renesmee bid her own parents goodbye.

Jacob starts leading us to a trail where a two story house is located in the forest, covered in an all jungle log color that matches the trunk of trees surrounding it, much more of a common forest house than the Cullen mansion one would say.

I stayed still in awe staring at the house, til my trance got caught when a group of four tanned shirtless guys wearing shorts at least, coming towards us from the treeline, they were muscular and had similar tattoo's on their shoulder. They were all laughing at something they discussed til their eyes landed on us with glee and confusion, probably directed at me.

"Oh Jacob!" one of them exclaimed moving closer to us.

Jacob whispered something to Renesmee, she nods at something he just said and happily hurries herself inside the house with no question. The four shirtless guys greeted her shortly as she pass them disappearing in the house, leaving me alone with a whole pack of testosterone. What a joy ~ note sarcasm there.

"Who's the pretty face?" a slim guy questions as the other three formed a line so I could see them all.

"You can ask me questions since I'm here you know" I didn't mean to be blunt for the first impression, but being the only girl right now in the presence of 5 shirtless guys intimidated me a bit. But they didn't seem to take my response at heart as they all smile and shared laughs

"Ohh direct" another one of them said amused. I joined in with a smile.

Jacob recovers and began to introduce me to them, pointing out individually "Raizel, these are my friends:Quill, Jared, Embry and Paul. Guys, this is Raizel, Renesmee's new friend" he gestures towards me

They all nodded taking in the information, I awkwardly nodded "Nice to meet you all"

"You single?" Embry asked with a playful smug look. I tried my best not to pull an offended look, since it's probably just a playful thing.

"More like the 'no time for drama' type" I responded making the rest laugh again.

"I can tell you and Leah are gonna be friends" Paul said