Post Game

"And thats game, your Riverside Cougars take the home win against Fairfield. Make sure to come out and support your undefeated team next week against the Rhinelander Raiders." The announcer's voice crackled through the speakers.

Kendall, Lily, Emma, Kaylee, and I all rose to our feet to meet their boyfriends after the game.

We all walked up to the sweaty baseball players.

"That was an easy dub, we're going to totally destroy those f*gs next week." Carter laughed and fist bumped Calvin.

"Babe you looked so good out there." Emma kissed Henry on his sweaty cheek. 

"I know, Em. I always do." Henry scoffed and gave her his bat.

"He didn't look too good riding that bench, Emma." Calvin jeered and pushed Henry into the fence.

I rolled my eyes as all three of them started play fighting to the sound of their girlfriends giggling. 

"We should totally celebrate tonight's win with some late night breakfast" Lily chimed in as we reached the parking lot

"good idea babe, im starving" Carter pulled her close to her, planting her with kisses.

"Yeah lets all go." Kendall insisted.

"Uh do you want to-" I asked Kaylee who quickly nodded. I kind of hoped she'd just want to call it a night.

We drove around downtown looking for a restaurant until Calvin pulled into a driveway. I hopped out of the car behind Kaylee. I recognized the bright sign.

It was the little diner on 5th street that I stumbled into last week. We all piled in, the boys were joking around and being loud which drowned out the bell of the door.  

It was 10pm and the diner was pretty empty. We all took the corner booth and pulled up a small table with two more chairs so we'd all fit. 

I sat down and pulled out my phone which was coincidentally dead. Figures.

I pursed my lips and prepared for the tiring conversation I would be forced to have with Kaylee and the others.

"So Hailey, are you two doing it or what?" He chuckled and grinned at Calvin.

I rolled my eyes and got prepared for the long conversation surrounding Carter, Calvin, and Henry's fetishization with my sexuality but before I could say anything the menus were being splayed across our table.

I looked up at the waitress who was glancing at me with a smile. My stomach became tight. Addison's tucked a strand of her wavy hair behind her ear and took out her notepad.

"Hi, I'll be your waitress this evening. My name's Addison, what can I get you guys for drinks?" I noticed that her soothing but slightly raspy voice was a little nervous sounding.

 "Yeah, I'll get a coke and my girl will have an iced water." Henry leaned back in the booth and stretched his arm over Emma.

"And what can I get you?" It was my turn to give my order to Addison.

"I'll have-" I was cut off by Kaylee.

"-She'll have an iced water. Don't worry Hailey, I know you can be shy." Kaylee once again placed my hand on her thigh as she finished my drink order.

"Oh- uh okay. Sounds good. I'll be back with those in a minute" Addison clicked her tongue and put her notepad in her apron pocket and headed to the kitchen.

"Well she was a little bitchy dont you guys think?" Lily gave a disgusted look and scoffed. 

"She really wasnt, Lily. I think you just like to complain." I smiled to myself.