XII

Chapter 12.

Raven

The first thing I notice when I arrive at Jonah's house is that despite the late hour, the party is in full swing. Like us, a majority of his house is open plan, unlike us however, his father is one of the top neurosurgeons in the county, so when I say they've got money, I mean they've got money.

The entire house is modern, with white walls and a lot of tall glass windows and doors. I pity the person who has to clean the place, it definitely seems to be a hard job; especially considering Jonah lives here, and I know first-hand that he's lazy.

The amount of drunk teenagers that already crowd in the hallway is doubled in the main room—which could fit our entire house inside of it twice—and is where a majority of the people here congregate either on the couches around the flat screen tv showing a muted music video that doesn't fit the song that plays over the speakers, dancing by one of Jonah's DJ friends at the back of the room, or in the kitchen.

"Typical Jonah party." AJ comments over the bass thumping music as he looks through the dim lighting at the majority of people we don't know. Some I do recognise from our school or others in the area, but most are strangers. Yep, typical Jonah party.

"Let's hope not." I say, recalling how Jonah's stupidity level rises with alcohol.

AJ nods over at Jonah where he stands behind the music desk set up in the corner of the room. He waves at us, says something to the DJ, then shoves his way over to us.

"Well, it's about damn time!" He yells slightly louder than necessary when he reaches us, throwing an arm over my shoulders. As much as I'd like to think it's in a friendly gesture, I know it's so that we don't see him wavering all over the place—which we do.

"Where're the others?" AJ asks. Since he came here earlier to help Jonah and Connor set up, I made him come home and pick me up—he wasn't happy, but he did anyway.

"Downstairs," Jonah inclines his head to the door behind us that leads to the basement, also known as his 'bachelor pad'.

We follow him down and I see a fair few people down here, but not as many as upstairs, where the music slowly starts to fade to background noise. A few people mingle around the pool table where Connor plays against someone I recognise from a different school and Rissa and Alex sit at the bar, drinks in hand.

AJ goes over to Connor and greets him with a bro-handshake whilst I approach the girls.

"Looking sexy as ever, ladies." I smirk when I pass them by.

"Looking pretty sexy yourself," Rissa raises an eyebrow at my mesh bodysuit and high waisted
faux leather shorts, my black push up bra visible through the mesh. "For anyone in particular?"

I make my way behind the bar to help myself to a drink and wink at her. "Only ever for you, babe."

"Uhm, hello? Girlfriend right here." Alex playfully rolls her eyes but laughs at us.

I lean against the counter top towards them, taking a sip from my beer bottle. "How was your brother's thing last night?"

"Fine." Alex shrugs. "He's out with friends tonight, bowling I think."

"Well, Rissa killed it," I tell her, smirking at Rissa. "Gabby ate some serious dirt."

"Hey, I'm rusty but I know what I'm doing." Rissa shrugs.

"Yeah, I saw." Alex nervously tucks a blonde curl behind her ear. "Connor recorded it for me."

The man himself then decides to grace us with his presence, throwing an arm over both Rissa and Alex's shoulders.