Chapter 8

I sat there in front of a stack of books. Books. It seems that I have been upgraded to books. I looked at Aki-sensei with question.

He smiled, "Today and for the rest of this week you are going to be reading of the history of guns and how they are used. By the end of this week I expect a well written essay on different types of guns and their uses."

My mouth slightly gaped.

"You're serious?"

"You're the one who came up to a trained member of a weapon making famiglia asking for them to train you on guns. What do expect, a halfass lesson?"

That was true. I sighed and reached for a book. Guns: the Beginning. I grabbed another book. The Origins of the Gun. I grabbed several more books spreading them across the library table. History of the Gun. Guns:Then and Now. Where did it come from?: Guns. The History of the Modern-day firearm. Who made it?: Guns Special Edition. From Fireworks to Guns. What?

"Why do I have to read multiple books on where the gun originated?"

"Not all the books have the exact same sentence do they."

"But is it necessary for me to read 8 books on it."

"Yes."

I still have other categories to cover too. How many books must I read.

"Well I'll leave you to your studying."

Aki-sensei left the library. I have an hour and 15 minutes left before 2nd period combining the time of the 1st class period and the extra time I currently have. I gathered the books in a pile and took out a notebook and a pencil.

I breathed in and started to furiously read and take notes. I had gone through 5 books and half a notebook of notes when the bell rang ending 1st period. I gathered my things placing them in my bag. I stuck the three remaining books into my bag and put the rest of the books into the box Aki-sensei had brought them in. I dropped it off at his classroom before going to my History class.

By lunch I had finished taking the notes on the subject. I got new books at the end of the school day and stayed after school finishing the notes on the different types of guns and their purposes. I also chose that moment to complete the new math packet I got for that week and finish the assigned pages in the Italian workbook. The math packet was still high school leveled, but slightly more advanced when compared to last week. I had already finished the history homework in class, and there was no homework for Japanese class except for reading an excerpt which I had also done already.

I heard a few clangs here and there, but I ignored it. Done. I was finished for the day. I glanced at the clock. 4:37PM

When I stood up to stretch, I heard an explosion. I looked outside the window and sighed. Reborn was on a paraglider with a half naked Tsuna hanging onto Gokudera and Yamamoto. When Tsuna and the rest fell, I turned away from the window and got ready to leave as I heard a splash in the background.

I stacked the books up into a pile and placed them in the box. I stared at the mess of papers that was scattered across the table. I sighed. I stacked the math packet together with the Italian workbook and my notebook, dropping them into the box for efficiency. I turned around to grab my bag. I placed it over my shoulder.

"Hmm. Quite an interesting collection of books you got here."

I froze. Damn it. Can it be?

I turned around and saw a fedora wearing baby peering into the box. First encounter.

"You think so? Who are you?" I asked innocently.

I saw Reborn glance around at the other things that were in the box. He then stared at me with his blank eyes.