Chapter 1

Wow my writing was pretty bad when I started this lol bear with me

I plugged my headphones into the headphone jack and clicked on a playlist, hoping to sleep away the time on this long flight home. Next to me, Perrie was attempting to draw something that might have been a cat or a goat. I rolled my eyes at her and tried to sleep.

When my eyes snapped open, it felt like I hadn't been asleep long, but from the dark windows, I could tell it had been hours since I first fell under. Panicking, I looked at Perrie as the aeroplane's first class cabin started shaking.

"This is the captain speaking. We're having some turbulence, please stay in your seats. The seatbelt sign is on, flight attendants, please take your seats. Thank you."

"Some turbulence," I muttered as the PA shut off.

Clearly, it was getting worse, and you could see it on the face of every passenger. Here's how it works: when the turbulence is a little bad, the flight attendents stay standing, and as it gradually gets worse, they sit down. But when it get's really bad, like, life threateningly bad, they stand up again. So, when I saw them stand, I started sweating and shaking.

"This is the captain speaking. We're going to have to attempt an emergency landing. Please check the notecards in the back pocket of the seat in front of you if you don't know the correct brace position."

Perrie looked like she might pass out, but we both buckled our seatbelts and leaned down, putting our hands on the backs of our heads. We waited like that for about five minutes, until we felt a massive force slamming against the aeroplane. My ankle snapped, and I heard Perrie grabbing at her wrist and wincing.

Still, we were alive. Immediately, flight attendents operated the emergency doors, kicking them out and inflating the evacuation slides, sending rafts down first. Perrie and I slowly made our way to the door, grabbing the life vests and seat cushions for floatation.

I held Perrie's cushion and she helped me walk. We slid down the slide and inflated our life vests, getting into a yellow life boat. "Are you okay?" I asked her.

"Yeah, my wrist is sprained or something. Your ankle?"

"Snapped, or something like that. Hurts like a bitch," I said, wincing as I was jostled every five seconds as somebody boarded the raft. Finally, the flight attendant rowed us out to meet another boat, and they tied the two together.

After about half an hour, we had all the boats floating in a massive ring, tied together with thick ropes clipped to hooks. The radio signal was still strong as the aeroplane hadn't sunk, and people were now reenforcing the boats and building panels between the gaps of them, setting up beds and passing out blankets. We just hoped it didn't rain.

Three boats had a first aid station, to had pillows and blankets along with water bottles and dried food packets. Perrie found Leigh-Anne; she and Jesy hadn't been able to get seats near ours on the flight so they were in a different life boat. She called Leigh-Anne over, the only one we saw, and she helped us get to the first aid station.

"Where's Jesy?" I asked.

"Already at first aid. She was unconscious when we hit the water," Leigh-Anne said grimly.

"Oh, my God, Leigh, is she okay?" Perrie asked.

"I'm sure she'll be fine, it's just a little worrying 'cause there's always the chance..."

"Yeah."

We sat down, and a woman came over to me. She recorded my name, age, and seat number, then inspected my ankle. I looked at her anxiously. "Is it broken?"