Chapter 4

I woke up and immediately checked my phone. After Niall left, I went straight to bed, hoping to have a good sleep. I had three texts: one from Niall, Liam, and my mum.

New message!
From: Niall xx
Hey jade i just got back to me flat .
hope ya have a good sleep !

I smiled before typing back a reply.
To: Niall xx
Thanks!! I had a great night ha
I needed that sleep Xx

New message!
From: Liam Payne :)
What did u do last night? Asked
Perrie and she said you left after I
dropped u back. Hope you're ok!

I bit my lip before replying to him as well.
To: Liam Payne :)
Just had a bite with Niall..fish n
chips. I'm fine, stop worrying so
much xx

New message!
From: Mam
Jadie I was just wonderin if ya
wanted to come out and spend a
weekend home with us

To: Mam
I'd love to! I could catch an early
flight tomorrow ?

New message!
From: Mam
lovely. Karl and shireen are visiting
with baby Karl and Leoni xx we all
miss you lots!

To: Mam
Miss ya lots too! See ya then x

I logged on to my laptop and booked a flight, selecting a first class ticket with a window. After that, I texted my mum my arrival time and hunted for a suitcase, which I couldn't find. "Perrie!" I called.
"Yep?"
"Where do I keep my suitcases?" I asked. She poked her head into my room.
"You don't. They're all at Niall's. You barely have anything here anymore," she explained. "You haven't lived here in months...it's nice for you to be back, though. We missed you."
"I guess I gotta phone Niall then," I sighed. I rang him and heard a click as the lines connected and he answered his phone.
"Jade? You okay?" he asked immediately.
"I'm fine, can you drop a suitcase off here?" I requested.
"Of course. Where are you going?"
"To visit my mam and Karl and the rest of them," I said.
"Oh. Okay then. Well, yeah. Okay, I'll bring the suitcase now," he said.
"Thanks."
"Right then. Okay."
"Okay."
I cringed as I hung up, what is this, the Fault in Our Stars? The awkward was almost literally hurting.
Ten minutes later, Niall buzzed up to the flat, and I let him know it was okay to come up. I waited with the door open and he handed me the suitcase. I took it. We stood there just watching each other. "Thanks," I said to him.
He nodded. "No problem. When'll you be back?"
"Just a couple of days. I've got an interview on Ellen in less than a week and we've got to fly out to California for that," I explained.
"Oh. Okay. Well, have fun. I mean, with Ellen, she's a laugh. And with your family, too," he added.
I laughed. "Okay, Niall. Thanks."
"Right." He shoved his hands into his pockets. "Well, I'll see you later I guess?"
"Yeah."
He started to walk away, but turned around quickly. "Have you thought any more about moving back in with me?" he asked.
"Um, well, I don't think so. Not yet. I mean, it's just that...I had a nice time at dinner, but don't...--" I tried to explain. "It's hard. All of this is, you know?"
He sighed. "Yeah, I do know. It's hard for me as well."
"I'm sorry."
"I'm sorry, too."

"Excuse me? Miss?"
I blinked my eyes open to see a flight attendant smiling. "Hi?"
"Sorry to bother you, but we'll be landing soon," she said.
"Oh, okay. Thanks." I pulled my seat back into a sitting position. I looked out the window as we passed over South Shields, my home town. I heard some announcement about beginning descent and felt the plane drop slightly.
I wasn't scared of flying. What happened to us was rare, the chances it would happen again to me were so small I just didn't think anything of it.
"We are now in Tyne and Wear, South Shields. The time is 5:46 in the morning..."
The loudspeaker projected the voice of the captain laying out the time, weather, all that.
I disembarked as soon as possible, just wanting to get home and sleep. I waited in front of the 13th terminal, signing a few things and taking pictures. I saw my mum roll up and I waved an apology to the fans I didn't get to yet, pulling myself and my suitcase into the car.
"Hiya," I said.
"Hiya. How've you been?" Mum asked.
"Fine." I wondered if she knew about me and Liam. I doubted it, so I didn't say anything to her.
"Did you just want to have a good sleep today?"
"Yeah, sorry. If that's okay..."
"Of course, don't worry," she assured me. "You deserve sleep."
"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked.
She shrugged. "You're working too hard with the memory thing and studio time...you deserve a break, that's all."
"Oh."

"This just happens to be their first time on the show, here's the record breaking, UK X-Factor winner, Little Mix!" Ellen cheered.
We filed out, smiling and giving a small wave to the crowd. We took our seats on the small couch, me practically sitting on Perrie.
"Hi!" Ellen said.
"Hello," we said back.
She pointed to each of us in turn, starting from me, the closest to her and going down the line. "Jade, Perrie, Leigh-Anne, and Jesy?"
"Yep!"
"And you've got a lot going on right now," she said. "You've got your third album coming out in just over a month, and you were in a plane accident! Tell us about that."
"What?" I laughed. "The plane crash or the album?"
"Let's start with the album."
"Well, Jade ended up being the ones to write nearly all the songs on this one," Leigh-Anne said.
"Jade was always the best writer, and even though we've all written about the same amount of songs, but we just thought, 'sod it' and put mostly hers on, because they're miles better than ours," Jesy added.
"No they're not!" I protested.
The audience(Ellen included) laughed as Perrie and the rest of them rolled their eyes.
"Yeah, I have a feeling the fans are going to love the track Wildest Dreams," Perrie said. "Obviously, written by Jade."
"Let's talk about the plane accident now?" Ellen said. "I understand that you attempted and succeeded an emergency landing?"
"Correct." Leigh-Anne nodded.
"And then a rescue boat came and picked you up?"
"Yeah," Perrie said.
"What hasn't been clarified, is what happened in between the two events," Ellen said.
"Well, we did that thing where you lash all the safety boats into one big platform, but then it started raining and the aeroplane sunk, pulling us underwater," Perrie explained.
"Any injuries?"
"Leigh was dangerously cold, close to freezing, and Jesy had a small concussion but they were okay a day after we were rescued," I said.
"Perrie hit her head really hard and got a cut on her forehead, and she's still got the plaster for now, but it's healing fine," Leigh-Anne said.
"She's gonna get a kick-ass scar in that area," I added.
"Jade suffered the most, though, and it appears to be long-term," Perrie said with a frown. "Her brain was without oxygen way too long, and she's suffering from memory loss. She can't remember things from the past three years or so."
"What kind of stuff?" Ellen asked hesitantly. "If it's okay for you to talk about here."
"Oh. It's fine. Er, well, I forgt about my lifestyle mostly. If we rearranged the kitchen things half a year ago, I forgot about that and saw plates where I thought a kettle was supposed to be, stuff like that," I explained. "The studio is basically brand new to me and that's a bit hard, but after replaying some of our old songs I remember the lyrics perfectly. It's just one thing; I sort of forgot everything about Niall Horan, my boyfriend of three years."
The audience was silent.
"So that's a bit strange," I said. "But I don't know, I'm trying to remember. I'd like to."
"We all hope the best for you. And I think you're going to perform for us now," Ellen said with a smile.
"I think so, too," Jesy laughed.
We made our way to the stage and I grabbed a hand held mic, and proceeded to sing Little Me.

@jerrienation: @JadeABadwi can't
believe Jade forgot niall!

@leighsarmy: hope @NiallOfficial
and @JadeABadwi are ok

@irishboyniall: omg imagine
forgetting ur own bf
#jadesmemoryloss

@teamjadeniall: I didn't kno the plane
thing was that serious :(
@JadeABadwi @NiallOfficial

@officialjiall: @NiallOfficial I
hope u stay with @JadeABadwi I
love u together

@jadey24601: omg is this the vow or
what #jadesmemoryloss
@NiallOfficial @JadeABadwi

All anyone could talk about was what I'd said on Ellen. GIF sets and scene edits floated around everywhere, Facebook, Twitter, Instsgram...it was absolutely mental. Even the hashtag #jadesmemoryloss was trending on Twitter for nearly an hour.
But I was surprised and pleased by the amount of support people were showing both of us.
I wonder what it was like for Niall. To wake up and be happy and remember that he had a girlfriend he loved, and then come over here and watch her look at him like he was a stranger.