Chapter 6

I started reevaluating my relationships. Niall was sweet and caring and was moving as slow as he could with our relationship which must've been torture to him. He was funny and he always promised that he wouldn't push me before I was ready, and I was starting to, I don't know, fall for him? It was possible. I'd done it before, but could I honestly do it again?

Love was tricky for me. My parents didn't have it, and so I grew up thinking it wasn't possible, that nobody could actually find someone that was perfect for them. When I fell for Niall it must've been a miracle...but then why Liam?

Liam was just as sweet and funny as Niall, but he was always so nervous, like he was afraid he'd lose me. I didn't know why, because he'd said we were so in love before the accident happened.

It didn't seem like me, to cheat on my boyfriend. It was one of the worst things I thought could happen in a relationship. So why did I do it? 

Was it really possible that I could fall in love with two people at once? That still didn't explain why I cheated on him. I'd been wiped of so many years of life and along with that some of my personality. If the person I was before was someone to cheat on their boyfriend, on such a good boyfriend as Niall was to me, maybe it was better I'd returned to this person.

What could've happened in the time I'd lost?

Nothing made sense, nothing matched up, but at the same time, I wasn't sure what questions I needed to ask or who to ask them to. 

I had to be sure I wouldn't be lied to. I would believe nearly everything because I had no reason to think anybody that close to me would lie about the truth. But what if that's what they were counting on? I've always been one to think of the best in everyone. 

Everything was new and everything was different. It wasn't a full three or four years wiped, it was like 80% of four years was wiped. It was a strange feeling, uncomfortable, to think of all I could've done and experienced and I wouldn't ever remember it. I'd given up on my memories coming back, but if they truly didn't, that would be a hell of a lot of problems.

The question I just couldn't answer was why? Why had I fallen in love? Why had I fallen in love again? Why had I cheated? Why had I let myself be pulled into something like that? Or perhaps I'd been the one doing the pulling.

The thought disgusted me, but in all honesty, I didn't know. I didn't know who I was. Hell, I still thought I was eighteen. I used my wikipedia page and Instagram fan posts to find out what happened, along with asking questions. But that still didn't explain what I really wanted to know.

I decided to ask Perrie, who I felt closest to out of all the girls, and who I knew would let me explain before she got mad at me. I sat at Starbucks and took a long drink of my caramel latte. After taking a bite of the sugary pastry, I pulled out my phone and texted her.

To: Pezzzzz ;)
Um..can we talk? Promise you won't
freak out on me?

New message!
From: Pezzzzz ;)
of course...you're scaring me though.
Is it serious?

To: Pezzzzz ;)
Uh I guess not but its important. I
need you t promise secrecy before I
tell ya anything ok?

New message!
From: Pezzzzz ;)
Yeah yeah okay, carry on

To: Pezzzzz ;)
I'm cheating on niall w Liam i know
it's bad but lemme just tell ya what
Liam said t me : liam n I dated for a
bit maybe a year but I stayed w niall
cus I wasn't sure if it was just a
passing feeling ya know? and we
we're still going on and I know this
makes me a shit person and it makes
liam a shit person but I duno liam is ok

but I think I like niall so much more
and he means more t me yeah? so I
don't know what to do caus i wanna
break it off with liam but how

cos he said he proposed to me?

Almost immediately I got a reply, not at all accusing like it thought I'd be getting from her.

New message!
From: Pezzzzz ;)
Holy fuck Jade, Liam lied to you!
what Liam said is NOT the truth.
COME HOME RIGHT NOW BEFORE
YOU TALK TO LIAM OR NIALL

I jumped up and texted her that I was on my way and ran out the door. My eyes were staring at my car, not shifting from it, but my mind was replaying the text she sent me over and over again.
I was about twenty paces from my car when I felt a heavy pain in my side, knocking me forwards and onto the pavement. I realised it was a car that hit me about two seconds before my head collided with the cold hard ground and shattered my sight until all I saw was nothing.

"Doctor, she's awake."
"I know, Mr. Payne, I have monitors," a voice replied. I blinked my eyes open and looked at an anxious brunette boy with a buzz cut, about twenty or twenty-one, watching me. Suddenly, I was able to match the face to a name, a whole profile even. Liam Payne. Famous singer.
"Hi," I said.
"Are you okay?" he asked immediately as the nurse checked my vitals again.
"Fine, really," I assured him. "When can I go home?"
"Three days," the nurse said. She typed something into a keyboard and then left the room with her clipboard after switching my IV.

"How much do you remember? About me?" Liam asked nervously.

"Uh. You're my friend?" I asked.

He looked relieved for some reason. "Jade, I'm your boyfriend. We just started dating, about a six or seven months ago. We knew we had feelings for each other for a while, but never acted on them until now."

"I'm sorry," I said, "I don't remember. And I can't be in a relationship with someone I don't know."

He looked disappointed. "But you love me."

"I don't believe in love."

"You started to."

"I'm sorry, Liam. For such an abrupt breakup. But I can't," I told him.

He swallowed. "Okay."

Then he left.

I lay there for about five minutes when my phone buzzed.

New message!
From: Niall xx
Heard what happened you ok ? I am
coming down , to the hospital if
that's ok w you ?

To: Niall xx
I'm sorry, who's this?

___________

Sorry it's so short!