Chapter 5

"Jade!"
I looked over at Perrie who thrust her phone into my hands. I looked at the bright screen and saw the headline Niall Horan out on a date? Without girlfriend Jade Thirlwall? Attached was a picture of him holding a random girl's hand and kissing her cheek.
"You don't think..."
"Uh, yeah, I do," Perrie said. "Be realistic here maybe he just kissed her and that's all, but either way, you can't just let this go."
"Why not?" I asked.
She stared at me. "Jade, he's your boyfriend."
I sighed but shook my head. "No, he's not. Technically, yes, and I want to fall back in love with him, but really, I don't feel any betrayel. He's just like a casual friend to me right now. I wouldn't mind having a casual friend kiss some girl."
"That doesn't matter. What if your memory comes back?"
"Pez, it's not gonna."
"What if it does? And okay, maybe it won't, but what if you fall back in love with him? Then you remember this and you'll remember how he wasn't loyal when you needed it most," she said. "Talk to him."
I sighed, but nodded. "Alright."

To: Niall xx
Hey can we talk , maybe I could
come to your flat and see it for
myself ha x

New message!
From: Niall xx
yeh course everything ok ?

To: Niall xx
yeah fine just need to clear
something up

New message!
From: Niall xx
ok I'll send u the address and you
can come whenever ..

To: Niall xx
Can I come like right now

New message!
From: Niall xx
of corse !!! see ya soon xxX

I copied the address he sent me and pasted it into my maps app, getting in my car and following the instructions. There was loads of traffic, but I navigated around the horrible drivers and made it there in about twenty minutes.
I buzzed up to the flat and he answered, letting me up. I climbed the flight of stairs and looked around. Fancy decorations littered the halls, the people living here looked quite wealthy. Well, no wonder me and Niall lived here. With the pay checks we brought in, we could afford to live anywhere.
I knocked on the door and he opened it, letting me in. "Do ya want some tea or something?" His Irish accent was still a shock every time that I heard it, as I'd been surrounded by English accents for so long.
"Wine?" I asked with a laugh.
He chuckled and nodded. "I got a few bottles. What do ye feel like right now?"
"Surprise me."
He returned with two stemmed wine glasses in one hand and a bottle of white in the other. He popped the top and poured us each a glass, setting the bottle down. "What'd you wanna talk about?"
I hesitated, taking a big drink of wine for bravery. "I heard that you were out with another girl. On a date. Yesterday?"
He swallowed. "Yeah. But it didn't mean anything. All I could think of was you. Jade, I mean it. I just can't stop thinking about you, even when I'm with someone else."
I thought about it. I realised this scenario was exactly like mine. When I was with Liam I always had Niall on the back of my mind. When I was with Niall I forgot about Liam. But Niall was always there.
"It's okay."
He looked surprised. "Really?"
"Yeah. I understand. It's hard for you to not be able to treat me the same as you used to," I said. "It's okay," I said again. "Don't worry about it. I mean..." I hesitated. "I don't really feel sad about it because I'm not at that stage of our relationship, you know, where I care that much. But someday I will be there and I want to make sure that all of this with that girl didn't mean anything."
"Of course. It meant nothing. And I'm happy you think you'll be in love with me again," he said.
I smiled. "How could I not? It's...you. And I thought a little bit more. If you still want me to, I'd like to move back in. If we're going to have a relationship again, I can't treat you like a friend. I need to get back into my daily routine...and that routine is with you. Here."
His eyes lit up and he looked ecstatic. I wanted this to work just as much has he did. "Yeah! That would be amazing."
"Maybe after the album release?" I suggested. "For the next month I'll be around the girls and in the studio nearly 12 hours a day so it makes sense to live with them. And after that we'll have loads of interviews and things, but after that, okay?"
"Sure," he smiled.
"I gotta get back, more studio time today, but text or phone me later or something, yeah?"
"Absolutely."