Chapter 13

Light kisses were going across my neck stirring me awake. I felt arms wrapped around my waist. I wanted the kissing to stop because of how tired I felt, but I already knew who it was, so I didn't mind. I turned around to look at him, but when I looked in his eyes, I saw how red they were. Was he crying?
"Hey, what's wrong?" I say with concern.
He shakes his head about to cry again and buries his head in my chest. I was so confused as to why he was crying. He cried out loud which I've never seen him do. I just held him close letting him calm down. He wraps himself around me very tightly while I rub his back and shush him.
     He lifts his head taking a deep breath and speaks. "Brady... is dead." My eyes shot open at his words. I was completely speechless. I sat up straight and just looked around trying to process this, my eyes still wide. Charles sits up with me and leans on my shoulder. Finally, he stopped crying. "I just don't understand why this happened." He said.
"How did he die?" I asked.
Charles shook his head. "It doesn't make sense." He said completely ignoring my question.
"Charles, what happened to him?" I say tugging on his arm. I didn't notice a tear running down my face. Why the hell would I cry over the death of the guy who raped me?
"He was killed," he hesitates, "by his sister."
Wait a minute... Brady has a sister? I had no idea. Who is she then, and why did she do such a thing? "Who's his sister?" I asked.
"Her name is-" he was cut off by the sound of the doorbell. Who could be at the door? I quickly got up and Charles got up with me and headed for the front door. I open the door and as if she heard us, there she was looking like hell. "Gabrielle." Charles said.
I looked at her shocked. "Oh my god," I said before pulling her inside and embracing her. She instantly hugged me back with tears running down her face.
"Jayda," she said in a hoarse whisper. She quickly let me go and shut the door before running towards the window. She peeked through the curtains with fear clearly shown across your face.
"Where the hell have you been, Gabrielle?" I asked.
She looks back at me with sorrow. "Jayda, I'm sorry, but I ran away. I didn't know what else to do." Then she looked towards Charles. "What about you?"
"What about me?" Charles said confused.
"Where the hell have you been? I heard you took off as well." She said with disgust.
"My reasons aren't nowhere near as bad as your reasons. What the fuck did you do to Brady?!" He yelled startling me.
I looked at Charles confused. What is he talking about?
"There's so much you don't understand, Charles. You too, Jayda."
"What is going on? How do you two know each other and why did you run off?" I yelled out of frustration. There was just so much going on right now.
"I'll tell you," Charles said, "that's Brady's sister." I froze and looked at Gabrielle. Charles said Brady's sister was the cause of his death. There's no fucking way I was going to believe Gabrielle, the most angelic soul on this planet, killed her own brother.
     I shook my head still locking eyes with her. "Jayda, you don't understand." She said.
"No," I said quietly. I shook my head still in disbelief and ran upstairs to my room. I could hear Gabby yelling my name, but I didn't listen. I just kept running. I shut my bedroom door and locked it and ran to the bathroom locking that door as well. I laid in the bathtub, and I cried. Too much was coming to me at once, I needed it to stop.
Eventually, I heard knocking at my bedroom door. It was Gabby calling my name repeatedly, trying to reason with me. "Jayda, please, I'm scared! I just wanna talk to you. Please, Jayda, I'm scared for my life." After that was silence. I assumed she walked away. I decided to get out of the bathroom because the tub was hard and cold. I couldn't stay in it for too long. I open my bedroom door to see if she's gone, but the second I open it, I'm tackled to the ground. Gabrielle pushes me down and holds me down. Charles also comes in and shuts the door behind him. Gabrielle is at this point laying on top of me and in the corner of my eye, Charles is rocking Damien in the rocking chair. I decided to give up and have another talk about why someone left out of nowhere. Here we go, I guess.