XXX

ZELDA

I sat myself down beside the river, the winds calmer here making me feel a bit better from the little fight I had with Jungkook. His words replayed in my head over and over again and I could only scoff. After all the times, he wanted to be like that. I didn't realize how hard I bit my tongue till the pain shoots through me and I whined.

"Is my princess okay," I heard come from behind me and I turned to see him again, Renjin standing with his hands folded behind him, a smile on his face reminding a lot of my mother and I gulped before returning my gaze back to the flowing river in front of me. I could hear the grass crunching as he got closer and sat himself down only a few inches away from me.

He wrapped his long arms around his knees before looking at the river, breathing in some of the breezes and smiling.

"Why are you really here?" I asked, my voice sounding a lot tiresome than I intended it to be.

"To watch my beautiful daughter complete her responsibilities as Goddess of course," he answers and the words roll off his tongue like he was expecting this question from me beforehand.

I shook my head slightly before looking down, my eyes shutting as I pursed my lips.

"Didn't you feel bad when you left mom?" I asked and he sighed.

"I would tell you the truth but that would only mean making you hate me a lot more, and I could never want that," he said and I looked at him confused.

"So you're saying I should just forget the fact that you left my mother while she was pregnant with me and simply act as if nothing happened, all because you don't want me to hate you, are you even hearing yourself right now cause all I hear is plain bullshit-"

"Not the best language for the God of Life," he cuts me off with the statement while my chest was heaving, anger filling me as the little conflict with Jungkook added with whatever was going on now fueled fire to the flame.

"You've seen your daughter right, you can leave now, just hand over the Steele and leave for fuck's sake," I spout with anger and get up, dusting myself before wanting to leave but he beat me to it, standing right up after I did and then stopping me.

I shut my eyes, feeling the rage build up inside me and dropped my head to look at the grounds.

"Please," I say through bolts of anger and look up at my so-called father.

"Naeri, I know you must've heard a lot about me, a lot of what was bad but I promise, I promise to tell you the truth before it's too late," he says, his eyes lidded as he stares down at me. I look away to see Jungkook at a distance, staring at the two of us. He hid as soon as we made eye contact making me roll my eyes.

"Just trust me when I say I'm not here to harm you," he said to me.

"Look, I'm not just your daughter, moreover, all you did as a father was hand my mother your sperm, so isn't it a bit selfish of you to ask for all this right now?" I asked, my head tilting as I spoke genuinely.

"I'm responsible for Life and all that comes with it, I'm responsible for the security of the Steele just as much as Jungkook is, I can't just think about myself in midst of all this and spend the childhood I never had with you," I say and she how he breathing grew more shallow as I smoke, pity rising in me but I stuck to my word.

"You can stay here as the Queen said, I can't promise anything to you, not now at least," I tell him and he nods, understandingly.

"I'll be in my room," I tell him and he gives me a small smile.

"Sleep well my child," he says and I don't wait any longer, walking past the grass field as I entered the castle, feeling the drumming of my heart calm down when I heard familiar footsteps following after me.

"So, what did he say?" I heard Jungkook say from beside me and I turned to look at him. Hands buried in his pockets as he walked with his head straight ahead, not even looking at me. I scoffed before returning the gesture and keeping my eyes straight ahead, my arms wrapping around my chest as I kept the same pace.

"Like you don't know,"

"I didn't hear anything after you saw me," he tells, now honest and I had a small smile on my face as I continued on my strides.

"There was nothing for you to hear," I say and he stops his steps when I felt him not walking anymore.

"Look, tell me if anything happens okay. He's a fallen angel for a reason, don't trust him when he tries coaxing you with words," Jungkook tells me, seriousness in his voice, and this time I smile cheekily. I turn on my heels and walk towards him as he remained still.

Not knowing what got into my but I lift my hand and my fingers hold onto the clothing around his collar, holding onto it and I heard his breath hitch at the action.

"I won't trust him when he tries coaxing me with words, but about telling you if anything happens, why? when we aren't even friends, much less, acquaintances," I say and notice how his eyes got darker, I smiled before letting go of his collar and standing straighter.

"As a fellow God, I'll let you know if I see anything wrong in him, nothing more," I tell him before turning around to see Yuqi, watching us the entire time, the moment she sees me, she turns and speed-walks back to my room. I sigh before leaving Jungkook there, my head in a turmoil as I feel the weight of being a God over the top of my head.

TBC